***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 15, 2008

WT166

As mentioned before, using "inchies" was the Ways To Use It challenge for today on SCS. You can check it out here. This was a fun challenge. I started out really simple with it, as you'll see from the first card. Then I tried to add a little more detail with the little bugs on the 2nd, and then I REALLY stepped it up to a many-layered card not really typical of me. It is also a HUGE card. It's 6" x 6" because I wanted the papers I used to really get to show in the layering and if it was smaller I didn't feel that they would. There are a few details about the card under it to explain some things.


Here's the first card I made. I do like it for it's simplicity and it's perfect for the girls to give to one of their friends that they miss. He's a little "inch" worm :)


Stamps: Bugs & Kisses
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Only Orange and Whisper White CS
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Only Orange (pad and marker), White StazOn


Here's the 2nd card. I added the detail of the little bugs crawling towards the flower and made them go on two layers of the card - both on the inchies and on the base of the card.


Stamps: Garden Whimsy, All Holidays
Paper: Wild Wasabi and Whisper White CS, Cutie Pie DSP
Ink: Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: stamp-a-ma-jig



Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Paper: Groovy Guava CS, Groovy Guava Textured CS, Shimmery White CS, Groovy Guava Prints DSP
Ink: Groovy Guava
Accessories: Paper Pretties Kit, Stylized Silver Hardware (2008 Occasions Mini Catalog), paper piercing tool and guide, cotton ball (for sponging), Groovy Guava Double-Stitched Ribbon


This last card was very time consuming to make. With no sponges, I used a cotton ball to "sponge" my background using a circle mask that I made with my Creative Memories circle cutter (love that thing!). I used a piece of Shimmery White CS for the base and I tried to keep my sponging light. To go monochromatic, I stamped off my butterfly after I inked it in Groovy Guava and then I rock n' rolled it in Groovy Guava again. Next I adhered this layer to a piece of Groovy Guava so that when I cut it into inchies (measuring against the Shimmery White CS layer, NOT the Groovy Guava layer or else the inchies would have not been inchies) there would still be a matte around the edge. I noticed that my SU! tabletop trimmer must have slid a little, but don't tell - the inchies are a tiny bit crooked. At that point though, I didn't want to start all over. Next, I popped the inchies up on the Polka Dot GG designer series paper and then I added some half-pearls from my Paper Pretties kit. I layered this layer onto a piece of GG CS that I distressed and then added to another layer of patterned GG DSP. Next, I put this whole thing onto the textured GG CS, added my clear rhinestone brads from the Paper Pretties Kit, did some paper piercing, and then added the rest of the embellishments. I think they're pretty easy to understand how I did them. Anyway, I hope you like it. I REALLY do. Thanks for looking!!!

4 comments:

  1. You have certainly been busy today. Love these inchies--esp the butterfly. Can't wait til I can get back to stamping. I went to a stamp store today and did some damage to my credit card. Thanks for sharing.Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - I really like the monochromatic look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy! These are really great. I really like the butterfly! How in the world do you find time to do this with 3 children??? Thanks for sharing!Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply elegant~! Love the colors and your whole design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)