***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 13, 2008

I'm Perplexed....

So, I got the Kitchen Sink Stamps Daisy stamp set, and I LOVE it!!! The only problem is I'm having a hard time using it. First of all, I'm a perfectionist, and other than a couple of Papertrey stamp sets, I haven't used clear stamps much. You would think that being CLEAR, they would be easy to use, but I find that I am not so hot at layering them just by looking through the stamp. I may be the first person in the history of stamping to need a stamp-a-ma-jig for my CLEAR stamps!!!!!! :( That said, it took me forever to make the 2 cards I made last night with the set, and neither one is that remarkable. I guess I'll share them since they are the only product of the stamping time I got. I may have to leave the stamping of gorgeous cards with the KSS 3-step stamps to someone else who isn't as much of a perfectionist, or perhaps someone has some tips? I had a hard time visualizing the 3rd-step stamp placement, too. It's not printed in the same orientation as the first two on the little cheat-sheet piece of plastic so I think you have to turn it? Ahhh!!! These stamps are so beautiful when the user can actually use them properly and isn't challenged like me!!! So, here's the first card I made. I'll save the other for tomorrow just in case I don't get to stamp today. :)

Stamps: KSS 3-Step Daisy

Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Old Olive

Paper: Whisper White, Ballet Blue, So Saffron

Accessories: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain


4 comments:

  1. I have read that some people have problems lining these stamps up also, but it looks to me like you did a great job. This is so very pretty. I read on someone's blog how to line them up--if I can find it, I will send you the link to it. I don't think you had a problem tho--it looks wonderful.Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maria this is just beautiful! You know the very first time I used them I thought I was going crazy - I couldn't get it. But then later I went back and looked at them and really, you just need to step back and not be so picky (I'm a perfectionist too!) - they really look awesome and it you are a bit off with the placement it really doesn't show! I can't wait to see more of what you make - the more you use them the easier they get!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, That turned out beautiful! Guess I'll have to check out KSS! TFS!Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, I'm the absolute worst at 2 step stamps and while I think these are gorgeous, I'm scared to get them. However, I saw this tutorial and it makes it look super easy. You may want to check it out: http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/?p=303

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)