***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 24, 2008

I was asked....

Doris was wondering what I did to edit my photo in Photoshop. Well, so far (I've only had Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 for a short while now) I'm able to "cheat." I just open my photo in APE and click on Quick Fix and it fixes the photo for me - adjusting the brightness, contrast, shadows, etc. Only one time has it made the card look worse, and that was because when it fixed it it altered the colors a little too much for my taste. So, I had to manually fix it and again there's a button you click and then you just adjust the contrast, brightness, highlights, etc. I don't really know how to be much more informative than that.

Kaylyn over at SCS recommended the following to me. She said to get this book if I have APE and that it REALLY helps: "Top 100 Simplified: Photoshop Elements."

Doris, I hope that I at least kind of answered your question. Most photo software has some kind of editing tab where you can fiddle with the sharpness, contrast, etc to get your card looking right/better. If you have a specific question, I might be able to help so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)