***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 29, 2008

Quick Card


I have a friend that I need to send a gift set of thank you notes to, and I didn't really want to make them too intricate since I had to make 10 of them. So, I pulled out these blank note cards that I got at the Dollar Tree the other day and decided to basically embellish them with a little stamping. They are bright cards, and so the colors I had to use were bright. Not my normal style. For some reason I didn't like the heart on a white background, it made the card a little too neon, so I went with the Taken with Teal that's in some of the stripes. I originally wanted the heart to stand alone on dimensionals with no background behind it, but that was just too busy - it needed a layer separating it from the base of the card. So, the card above is what I came up with. Nothing too fancy - just some Crystal Effects on top of the sponged image, cut out, and a dusting of glitter added to the CE. I added some dew drops under the sentiment. The dew drops were part of my recent order from Ellen Hutson's store (see the link in the sidebar). Anyway, I think what I did to the card is much better than the plain striped cards I started with. It's on the bright side, but sometimes we need something bright and cheerful in mail, huh?

To answer a question that I can't believe I didn't already post about (what's wrong with me!?!?!): Two days ago someone called my husband and said that they had my wallet!!!! So, one of the cart-return employees had found it, and then he forgot to try to find the owner because he was busy graduating from high school. I was SO happy and we made sure to give him a little reward for being honest and doing the right thing by returning the wallet. I am SO relieved and it's nice to know that there are good people out there, even if they take a little while to find you ;)

Well, below are the ingredients for this card, and I challenge you guys to get to Dollar Tree and see if you can find any of these packs of 10 blank note cards to alter. It was fun, and I really want to give it a try again with a card more "my style" and not so bright overall. I'm actually going to get the SAME note cards and see what other look I can come up with. If you do get some, be sure to post a pic on your blog of what you make and shoot me the link. I would love to see what you come up with!!! They make a great, inexpensive gift, and the pattern on the note cards is like having patterned card stock pre-cut and scored for you!!! With envelopes, I might add!!! :)

Stamps: Always, Short & Sweet
Paper: 10-count of striped cards from Dollar Tree, Taken with Teal, Whisper White CS
Ink: Black StazOn, Green Galore and Taken with Teal Classic Ink
Accessories: Dew Drops, sponges, CE, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

PS - 65K hits are almost here!!!! I'll soon release the "new" name for Blog Candy here on my blog, too.
PPS - What do you think of my watermark? Any thoughts or suggestions? I'll tell you, it was HARD to make and I consider myself fairly computer savvy!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your friend is going to love these cards, Marie. They are very pretty. So glad to hear that you got your wallet back. Was the money and cards still in it? Isn't it nice to know there are honest folks out there? Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer Cheryl's question, everything appeared to be in there. The only thing I wasn't sure about was if I had change in the wallet. If I did, it wasn't in there, but I really didn't care. A few quarters was worth not having our social security info gone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it. Not my usual style either but there is just something about it. It works. I really love what you did with the heart. I am just waiting for that stamp set, so I can't wait to try what you did.TFSMariehttp://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool - I think this heart has a totally different look with the bright colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura (scrapnextras)May 29, 2008, 8:56:00 PM

    FAbulous way to pick up a note card! Love the use of Always here! Congrats on getting your wallet back...what a burden off your back I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)