***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 31, 2008

And Blog Candy Is.....

First, I should mention that TODAY IS OUR ANNIVERSARY!!! Yeah for me and the hubby!!! We are at 6 years married, and add 21 months to that (gives you 7 years and 9 months) for when we started dating and subsequently got engaged. We had only known each other for a couple months before we started dating so it puts us at almost 8 years of knowing/dating/being married to each other. Boy, does time fly!!!!

My DH promised I could get a little time to stamp today and he would take the kids out - stamping without kids in the house hardly ever happens! Because we just moved and don't know anyone to ask, we're taking the kids out to dinner with us to celebrate the day because a stranger wouldn't work as a baby sitter. I gave my DH an iPod and he gave me some flowers and Photoshop Elements 6.0 (I just got my gift early, which was fine with me!). Anyway, here's to many more years to us and since I get to stamp today I'll have something to show you later too!

Now, for the news you've all been waiting for!!! I had a personal preference for Boot Loot since it tied in best with the title of my blog, but that only came in second on the poll. Sorry to say, this is not a democracy here, running my blog, and while Blog Booty is SUPER CUTE - heck, I came up with it and my readers suggested Boot Loot - I just don't want a new reader to come upon my blog candy offering and think, "what the heck is she giving away if it's called Blog Booty?!?!?" Who knows what kind of people would come to the blog too, if they were using key words for searches and my blog came up as a hit!!! Ahhh!!! I would feel like I would have to always slip in an "arrr me matey" just so people wouldn't first think of ANOTHER kind of Booty!! ;)

Thanks so much for sharing your opinions with me on the poll, don't think that I didn't find it fun to see what you liked best. I'll probably do more silly polls in the future, just for fun. For example, on our family blog we just polled our family and friends this question, "who would you vote for for president? Kermit the Frog or Optimus Prime?" Optimus Prime won.

We are getting close (w/in about 75 hits) of hitting 65K and so today I will gather the Boot Loot and take a picture of it so you can see what you'll be getting. I have some goodies!

Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary - enjoy your day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary! Time does fly, we will celebrate 15 years in about 12 days! Can't wait to see your no kids in the house projects and Boot Loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)