***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 20, 2008

Inchies and CPS #65 Sketch Challenge

So, I saw this beautiful trio of cards on Lisa Strahl's blog. I immediately clicked on her link to see where I could find "inchies." Here is a link for you, too. :) I went to Ellen Hutson's store and got some right away, along with all the other items I mentioned to you in a previous post. Well, after getting my package yesterday I couldn't wait to play with the stuff I got. This card features the inchies I got, and the "Water" dew drops out and had this idea for a mosaic on an inchie. I really wish I had my silver ep because I want to fill the cracks with it and emboss it so that it really does look like a mosaic - I'm pretty sure I could figure out a way to make that work. Oh well, that's in storage too. I also thought that this weeks CPS sketch would be a great one for my little mosaic tiles. You can see the CPS #65 here. This card also can be filed under SCS challenge WT166. So, without further ado, here is my card and the recipe:




Stamps: Fresh Cuts (NEW Fall-Winter 2008 Idea Book & Catalog preview set - I'll explain more about this later)

Paper: Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery and Whisper White Card Stock

Ink: Almost Amethyst

Accessories: Water Dew Drops, inchies, glue dots, white Taffeta ribbon, paper piercing tool and template

12 comments:

  1. I love the Dew Drops inchies..Cute idea...Looks Great!!Beautiful Card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Marie!! Neat take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. Marie, this is sooo mod and hip! ooh. fun! fun take on the cps sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a darling card! love all the dew drops! and GO AF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! What an amazing idea! I might have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun ... love your mosaic inchies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dew drops are really stunning. I started to do a card with inchies last week for the challenge and it is still sitting on my desk unfinished... I love the colors you used here too. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very neat Maria! What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooooo what a cool idea! Great colours - love, love, love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the dew drops and the elegant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a marvelous idea for the dew drops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is SO incredibly BEAUTIFUL!!!! what a gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)