***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 22, 2008

CPS #65 and VVPP02



I tried my hand at another version of the Card Positioning Systems #65 sketch layout. I also wanted to use the Verve Visual May Challenge color combo (VVPP02). Hopefully you can see this in the above card :) I'm really not so sure about this card, for many reasons. I'm sure we all have cards like that that we don't really like too much when we're done with them. I love the color combo and the original CPS sketch, I'm just not sure about what I did with them :) Can we say "butchered" them?!?!

This color challenge was a little difficult for me. I like bright colors, but 4-5 of them on one card?!?! I wanted to use all 5 since that would make the challenge even more difficult. The challenge colors can be seen to the left here. I had to fudge a little. I didn't want to use the Regal Rose, I just felt like a more orange pink looked better. Well, as many of you know, most of my stamping stuff is in storage through most of July and I don't have any Cameo Coral CS on-hand. So, I hope that Groovy Guava is close enough? The whole card was inspired by this color challenge, so hopefully that's good enough that picked a color super-close to Cameo Coral. I must add that I don't have any Verve Visual stamps yet because my wallet (now non-existent since it was stolen - this is REALLY figuratively speaking now - LOL) is drained. Their stamp images are AWESOME - check the Verve Visual store out here.

Anyway, to the right you'll see the CPS #65 sketch. This has been a fun sketch for me. I tried to make my own single image this time, and then cut it up into three pieces for the three panels represented in the sketch. I think I should have made the rectangles a little longer vertically. I rotated the sketch this time and have it going horizontally. I also didn't fill up my whole card with the three elements, just like last time. I've been having a lot of fun using the CPS sketches for inspiration. It is a talented group of ladies that take their time each week to put these challenges together for us AND give us cool prizes from some really great sponsors. Make sure you check out their link that I inserted above!

I don't know how obvious it is from the picture, but only two of the glitter-covered flowers are popped up with dimensionals. I wanted the card to have different depths to it, even if they were only through small little flowers. The two that are popped up are the So Saffron one and the Groovy Guava one. Can you tell? I also left my finger print on the card in Pumpkin - don't you hate that?!?!?!

Stamps: Fresh Cuts (2008 Fall-Winter IB&C preview set)
Paper: Soft Sky, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive Textured, Groovy Guava Textured, and Whisper White CS
Ink: Soft Sky, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Groovy Guava, Old Olive
Accessories: Ice Circle Rhinestone brads, liquid glue, dazzling diamonds glitter, piercing tool and template, 1/16" circle hole punch (for holes under sentiment)

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Marie. You are impressing me with the projects that are coming out of you with as busy as you are. Wow, I think you are a wonder woman!!! Thanks for sharing this fabulous work.Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on both the color challenge AND the CPS challenge, Marie! That paper piercing is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours here, very fresh! I'll have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Loving the little bits of glittery goodness! Great job with sketch 65! Thanks for playing this week!~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh. so happy. love those colors and bit of bling. superb work with the cps sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Marie!!! It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a great job Marie with this color challenge! Very nice card..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)