***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 17, 2008

WSC48 and IC128



Well, I decided to combine two challenges today. I used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #48 which you can see here or in the picture to the left. I really loved her example card and wanted to take some of the elements she had used and incorporate it into my own card. What I liked about her card was the piercing and the three brads at the bottom of the card. Go to her blog at the link above and check our her card, and then come back here.....Okay, you're back!




Now, for the Inspiration Challenge 28 over at SCS, which you can see here, I thought that the candles were beautiful. I'll post one of them to the right here so that you can see the inspiration I used. I thought that the bright color was gorgeous, and I liked how it was just a solitary image on white. I decided to stamp a solitary flower (or two) with nothing else around them. I did want a sentiment on the card so I thought putting it with the flowers was a good idea. Well, now you'll get to see where all of my blunders started happening....


For balance, I wanted to paper pierce at the top right corner of the card, but after beginning, I noticed 2 things. 1. My paper piercing guide was not straight - the manufacturer's holes, that is, and 2. The piercing didn't show up well on the DP I had chosen. SO....I could only come up with covering my botched holes with photo corners like Beate had. Having limited supplies here with me while my stuff is in storage per the Air Force meant I didn't have many options for hiding those holes but I do have my photo corner punch. Anyway, I just felt like explaining the similarities since this wasn't how I wanted the card to turn out.

As for the way IC128 comes in, I wanted to have some bright flowers for the focal point, and this stamp set is the only one I have besides Close as a Memory and those flowers were too bunched and not "solitary" enough for what I envisioned based on the candles.

I wish I had used one of the Soft Sky papers from the Afternoon Tea papers. One where it's the Soft Sky with soft white flowers on the paper. I would have used it in place of the background striped Afternoon Tea paper. I think the focal image would have stood out more if I had done that. Oh well!!! Let me know what you think!

Stamps: Live Your Dream (2008 Occasions Mini Catalog)
Paper: Whisper White, Textured Soft Sky CS (behind brads), Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip CS, Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper (2008 Occasions Mini Catalog)
Ink: Groovy Guava and Wild Wasabi re-inkers, Chocolate Chip marker
Accessories: Paper Pretties Kit, paper piercing tool and guide, Soft Sky double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, 1/2" circle punch, photo corners punch, distressing tool

3 comments:

  1. This is seriously lovely, Marie--your details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love each of your details on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, your card looks wonderful! I love all the little details! Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)