***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 18, 2008

A Thought for my Readers

I have lost a couple of readers who subscribe via Feedblitz recently (because I'm back into stamping!!! ;) ) and I thought I would make my annual plug for Google Reader. I lost my subscribers because I tend to post several times a day and that means you get several e-mails every day if you use Feedblitz. I'm sorry, I just CAN'T wait until the end of the day to post everything all at once. I promise I will try from now on to post once, at the end of the day (but that means sometimes I will put things on SCS before they're on here), but just in case, read the following.

While Feedblitz flatters me and my blog because we can all see how many subscribers I have, I PERSONALLY don't use it to subscribe to others blogs. I use Google Reader because I simple click on my Reader link and then every blog I subscribe to is listed there and next to each blog's name is a number that indicates the number of new posts. You just click on the blogs name and it lets you read the new posts (and old too).

The only disadvantage I've found to Reader is that it doesn't show you the actual blog page unless you click on the blog title or post title. That means you don't get to see anything that the author has in their sidebar. BUT, I like it and even prefer it to Feedblitz. No e-mails clogging my inbox when authors have multiple posts a day.

So, if you choose to unsubscribe I totally understand, just please let me know why. I hope that this info about Reader helps you to still be able to access my blog when it is updated. That's why I love it! I don't have to check every blog I like every day just to know if there is a new post.

Take care, and have a great night!

ETA: Read Nancy's awesome tip in the comments section of this post!!!! Thanks Nancy!

3 comments:

  1. There is another way with Google Reader... a way to see the actual pages. It's the way I surf cuz I like to see the pages*log into Google Reader*click on Settings on the right side*click on Goodies*you'll see "Put Reader in a Bookmark"*simply follow the directions there that tell you to drag the "Next" button into your bookmark bar*now, click on "next" in your bookmark bar... it will take you to the next unread blog in your google reader*click on it again an it will take you to the next...It works like total magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, I have done what Nancy suggested but I find that I can't star favorites by doing that. I have tons of favs in my reader that I really rely on. But, I must say that Google Reader is a lifesaver. Now if I could figure out how to mark "all read" when I am away from the computer for several days. LOL.I received your beautful card on Sat. Now I have to get the energy to set up my photo box and lamp and take a pix of it to post to my blog. You did such a terrific job with KSS--I really want a set of them. Thanks so much. You made my day by thinking of me.Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love google reader. it makes things so much easier~! then if someone doesn't post for a while you still get their posts once they get going again! or like you said it doesn't flood your inbox with emails if someone posts multiple times!love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)