***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 14, 2008

WT165 - Better Late Than Never




I made this today and the new sketch for this week will probably be posted tonight so this is just about late. I had one of my own previous cards in mind as I began but then it evolved. I was thinking of this card. I really liked it and the fact that it is square. Other than the occasional 3 x 3 I don't visit this shape card very often. So, I decided to make a 5 x 5 card for the WT165 challenge over at Splitcoast. This time for the Ways to Use it challenge Julia wanted us to bring out our chipboard. So...I was very glad to do so since I have my share of it and hardly ever do. I tend to hoard any type of embellishment I have and never use them - no one else is like that, I'm sure! ;)


My plans for this card are that I think I'll use it for a friend's birthday when it rolls around later this year. I know it's early, but she loves yellow and this card has So Saffron on it as the only color.


I wasted a lot of time using the wheel Spunky Spots on the So Saffron CS I adhered to my star. You can't see them through the glitter as well (hardly at all!) as I hoped. I don't have any So Saffron colored DSP here with me, so I had to make my own with CS. Anyway, I also only have one background stamp with me that's not a flower (I've got two floral ones with me) so that's where the En Francais BG stamp came in to play. I also don't have any stampin' sponges here, so I balled up some Kleenex and "sponged" a little Black ink onto that layer. That's the only info on the card that the recipe might not explain. Hope you like it!


Stamps: Define Your Life, En Francais, Spunky Spots Jumbo wheel
Paper: Basic Black, So Saffron and Whisper White CS
Ink: White StazOn, Black StazOn, So Saffron (for the "invisible" Spunky Spots)
Accessories: White Signo gel pen, So Saffron buttons, Black brads, Kleenex for "sponging", Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 2-way glue pen (that I broke while using it!!!), On Board Simon Upper chipboard star
PS - I'm stealing my hubby's camera so there shouldn't be any shortage of posts afterall!!!

1 comment:

  1. ooo, I really like this one. that pop of saffron really works well with the black and white. great sparkles, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)