***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 16, 2008

IC127 Afterall!

Well, since I just got re-addicted to stamping every day, I haven't ever done an Inspiration Challenge that SCS has hosted and I thought I would wait for the new one tomorrow...until I looked at this last week's challenge and had an idea pop into my head. The picture to the left is the suncatcher that was the provided inspiration and here is the link to the challenge. I immediately thought of my new set from the 2008 Occasions Mini Catalog and wondered how I could get the petals white without embossing powder (I don't have my heat gun here in OK with me) or white ink (since I wanted a plum outline and that would have been hard to do with white ink if I didn't want it to look like I drew the outline). So...I figured I would try markers, and this is what I came up with using the markers to outline the petals (sorry, not the best lighting - can't wait for my Photoshop to get here!!!!!):

Stamps: Live Your Dream
Paper: Whisper White, Pale Plum and Certainly Celery CS
Ink: Pale Plum marker, Certainly Celery pad
Accessories: Ice Circle Rhinestone brads, Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, piercing tool and template, dimensionals, distressing tool for bottom edge of Pale Plum CS

1 comment:

  1. simply adorable card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!such soft colors. tfs:)chat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)