***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 30, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch




I saw Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #50 which you can see to the left, and knew that it was perfect for the kind of elegant card I wanted to make for a friend who recently lost her sister. I always dislike having to make this kind of card, but do find a little happiness in it because I truly hope that the card and my note to the person brings them some small comfort. I've included a close-up of the stamped image that I sprayed with water (it's on watercolor paper) so you could see it a little better. I tried to make it a little softer since I was using such a dark color like Bravo Burgundy. I actually wanted the card to be a little bit bright - thus the use of So Saffron, but not too overwhelming, and I hope that it was. I don't tend to make my sympathy cards dark and somber because usually most people who lose a loved one are already in a somber mood.


Stamps: Close as a Memory

Paper: So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, and Always Artichoke CS, Watercolor Paper

Ink: Bravo Burgundy Classic Ink, Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron and Always Artichoke SU! Markers

Accessories: Photo Corners Punch, Piercing Tool, template and pad (from Ellen Hutson's store), So Saffron Brads, Bravo Burgundy 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, corner rounder punch (with guide removed to make the scallops), dimensionals, fingernail - for distressed edges :)

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Marie! I love the colors, the flowers, the scallops and all the piercing! Awesome!Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning colors! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice colors -s so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Marie, looove those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scallops and the beautiful ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! I love the colours you've used.xx :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)