***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 22, 2008

See...I CAN'T wait!!!

Sorry to all you Feedblitzers out there. I explained in an earlier post that sometimes I can't just consolidate my posts or wait until the end of the day and do them all in one. Here's the 2nd for today (but the last).


I just LOVE these Fresh Cut Notes and the Fresh Cuts stamp set!! They make stamping so easy! You just stamp that background on there, add some layers and embellishments to the die-cut flower image, and presto!


For the color combo, I used this weeks color challenge over at SCS. It's CC167 and you can click here to see it. I LOVE blues, greens and yellows together -they're so fresh. This combo didn't call for any yellow, but it still had blues and greens together. I love it!


I really like adding the vellum layer and this time I added it to the top and curled it up a bit so that the flowers stand out from the card. I also sponged Soft Sky ink onto it so it would stand out a little more. I've inserted a couple of views of this below, above the recipe. Just click on them to see them enlarged. Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: Fresh Cuts (2008 Fall-Winter IB&C preview set)
Paper: Fresh Cut Notes (2008 Fall-Winter IB&C preview item), Spring Fling DSP, CS vellum, Soft Sky Textured CS
Ink: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Accessories: Ice Circle Rhinestone Brad (in celery color), 5-Petal Flower Punch, corner rounder punch (with guide removed to make scallops), sponge

6 comments:

  1. The Stampin' SoldierMay 22, 2008, 10:36:00 AM

    You're really on a roll. I'm really lovin' this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura (scrapnextras)May 22, 2008, 11:54:00 AM

    Gorgeous! I love your colours and the vellum flower really adds to the whimsy and elegance of the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable card love the colors you used too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! I love what you did! I didn't want it before but, now, I DO! LOL! Thanks for enabling, I mean sharing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't very excited about this set when I first saw it, but after seeing your card, I think I'm in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful, Marie! I love the layers you added to the flower and the colors are FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)