***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 15, 2008

More of the Mojo Monday Week #37 Layout

I really liked Julee's layout this week for the Mojo Monday Week #37 challenge. I made two more cards with it last night and snapped some quick shots of them. You'll probably see why I prefer natural light as the one with the flash is a little bright for my taste (the pink one). It's the best shot I had though, and it didn't end up being from the angle I liked either. I like the angle of the blue one better.




I did take up-close shots of the butterfly to show how I cut a slit in the bottom layer and slid in the wing that I had cut out to give it a 3-D effect. I used some Stickles on the popped out wing, but they don't show too well. My dull hobby blade cutting sure shows in the up-close shot though!!! :) You should be able to click on this picture to enlarge it. I had a lot of fun making these cards and while it was a little time consuming it was worth it.



As for the words, I really liked what Julee did on her example card for the challenge. I thought that it was a good way to get in those three little elements to the side of the image. I didn't want to take the time to layer the little bitty pieces of white CS on black, so I outlined the edges with my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker. Only disadvantage to this is that I got a few smudges from the paper I was using as a guide for outlining in straight lines. Oh well, I still think the result is pretty and sparkly!!! What do you think?


Stamps: Garden Whimsy, Hugs & Wishes
Paper: Bashful Blue or Rose Red CS (depending on card), Whisper White, Basic Black and patterned paper on both cards is from discounted paper stack I got at Wal-Mart for $7 a couple of days ago!!
Ink: Bashful Blue or Rose Red (depending on card), Black StazOn, Basic Black Stampin' Write marker
Accessories: Black or Silver brads (depending on card), white taffeta ribbon (BB card), black grosgrain (RR card), Stickles, hobby blade, cutting mat

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation and i like ur layout. Great card. You have a lovely blog.Enjoy ur day, takecare.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love it in both colors!Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, once again your talent is awesome. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are really cool! Keep up the great work and TFS!Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julee T. (Shadowcatcher)May 18, 2008, 11:21:00 PM

    These are just beautiful! Love the colors and the popped up butterfly. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Stampin' SoldierJun 11, 2008, 3:10:00 PM

    I like the PINK ONE!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)