***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 12, 2008

I Stamped!!!! CPS #64


I have never participated in a CPS challenge, but decided to today because I was inspired so much by the CPS #64 sketch they posted for their challenge. I have not stamped in forever, and with limited supplies (most of my stuff is in storage in Delaware) I am so pleased with the outcome of this card.

The card is intended for a fellow stamping friend I've been thinking about lately and the sentiment isn't exactly appropriate. But, with limited supplies I have and using the words in this stamp set I felt it looked the best with what I had envisioned for my layout and my message inside it tied in pretty well.

Anyway, I hope it remains true to the CPS #64 challenge - I rotated the layout, but that's the only major change, I hope! :) I did make it a card that closes by being "latched" under the flower. The heart is actually stamped on Wild Wasabi CS and then cut out and adhered with some dimensionals. Also, this card uses the recent Wild For Wasabi promotional cardstock.

Take care, let me know what you think, and be sure to click on the link above to see the CPS #64 challenge guidelines and other samples for it. They're giving away a Scor-Pal with this challenge!!!!!!!!! I would love to have one, but I must say I'm super happy just to be back in the stampin' groove! :) Have a great day!


Stamps: Always
Ink: Timber Brown StazOn, Chocolate Chip marker, Soft Sky (to "dust" flower with color)
Paper: Tea Time DSP (Occasions Mini), Wild Wasabi CS, Wild for Wasabi Textured CS (from SU! promotion), Chocolate Chip CS and Soft Sky CS
Accessories: Paper Pretties Kit (half pearls, clear rhinestone brad, 2 white flowers), Soft Sky Double-Stitched grosgrain ribbon, small corner rounder punch, distressing tool, stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals

17 comments:

  1. this card is beautiful! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Stampin' SoldierMay 12, 2008, 10:49:00 AM

    Ooo-la-la! I really love this card! Everything about it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, that card is gorgeous! THe cards I make never look that good! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this, Marie! I still don't have this set and want it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, welcome to cps! super cute card. love the pearls and that heart is so pretty! we're all about you changing the sketch around! hope you keep playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I am sure glad you tried the CPS sketch cause you really did a great job of it! LOVE your card and your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Marie. Good to see you back stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome, back to stampin' Marie! I love your card for this challenge. The colors, the stamp, and the papers all look so fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! I love the pearl accents that you used on it! Great job with sketch 64...thanks for participating at CPS! ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just beautiful! So many pretty details and it's perfect with that paper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is beautiful! I love the colors and bling! BTW Texas is missing you! At least, I sure am!TFS!Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Marie...this is over the top gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so beautiful, I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Très jolie, bravo.Bissss, Chrys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Congrats on the reader pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card. Love the closure with the flower. Congratulations on being the reader's pick!CC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, fabulous colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)