***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 14, 2008

Kristina's Color Inspiration


Kristina Werner is one of my favorite stampers. After returning to blog-land and resuming my blog surfing, I discovered that she has started giving Color Inspiration challenges. I LOVE this week's colors!!!!!! You can check out her blog post about the challenge here.

Below is my card that I created with these colors. I knew that I didn't want a lot of red or turquoise to overwhelm the card, so I added it more as accents and with a couple of the flowers. The pumpkin paper I used is from a stack I got on clearance at Wal-Mart of all places, for only $7 and it's one of those 1" thick stacks. It has some really fun papers in it and I highly recommend you check for it at your local Wally World if you want some inexpensive paper. Anyway, enjoy the card and I would love to hear what you think. Remember, comments make the world go-round. We all want to feel that we're not just blogging/uploading for ourselves both on blogs and on SCS. Whenever I like a card, I try to take the time to comment and if I favorite the card on SCS, then I definitely do!!! Have a great day!!!

Stamps: Close as a Memory, All Holidays
Paper: Whisper White and So Saffron CS, Old Olive Textured CS, Pumpkin paper from Wal-Mart paper pack!!!!
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron and Old Olive markers, Black StazOn
Accessories: Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. love how you used the colors and nice simple layout. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, Thanks so much for the lovely card! It is beautiful. The colors are even more vivid in real life. It came today! Tks again!Cherie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)