***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

I hope you were able to read this post that I put on my blog a couple of days ago. It's nice to know why we celebrate this holiday, not just consider it an extra day to shop the sales.






Thanks for bearing with my blog dysfunction. I still can't believe I lost all of my great links on the side! I hope that I got all/most of them. Let me know if your link is missing, and even better, if you know of any shopping links I forgot! ;)

Below are my two cards for this weeks CPS challenge. You can see CPS #66 here. To the right is the sketch for you to see. I have never made a circle card, and it was a little difficult for me in that it was harder to get the card to feel balanced because there weren't any corners to use as a guide. I think the cards turned out cute - nothing spectacular. The dragonfly one I made for one of my 5-year old's friends who is also turning five. It's for a boy, but she absolutely insisted that the wings sparkle. I guess real dragonflies wings are kind of iridescent sometimes, so hopefully that doesn't make it seem girly to the little man! :)



Stamps: Garden Whimsy

Paper: Bashful Blue Prints DSP (from Hostess Level I Prints Pack), Cutie Pie DSP, Bashful Blue and Whisper White CS

Ink: Bashful Blue

Accessories: Eastern Elegance rub-ons in black, Ice circle rhinestone brads, White Taffeta ribbon, CE, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, hobby blade, dimensionals, circle cutting system from Creative Memories, corner punch (with guard removed to make scallops)




Stamps: Bugs & Kisses
Paper: Brilliant Blue Prints DSP, Brilliant Blue, YoYo Yellow, and Whisper White CS

Ink: Black and White StazOn, YoYo Yellow, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue SU! markers

Accessories: Brilliant Blue SU! square buttons, White Taffeta ribbon, CE, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, glue dots, dimensionals, circle cutting system from Creative Memories

10 comments:

  1. Both of these are lovely, Marie, but I especially like the butterfly one--great job with this CPS Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, I need to try these kind of cards, I love em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! these two cards are lovely!Thanks for sharing your work!Kristine from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie these are great! Wow...you have some mad stamping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool- two different looks from the same cps sketch! i'm a bit partial to the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, these are both LOVELY. you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are just lovely...but I am SO loving that dragonfly! The glittered wings are just awesome! Great job using sketch 66...thanks for playing at CPS this week!I have a little RAK going on at my blog...check it out if you like!~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are great and I'm TOTALLY loving the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards!! I especially love the first one!! Very very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous!! Love the new look of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)