***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 17, 2007

Thinking Spring

First, Happy St. Patrick's Day! By accident I wore green today but forgot to put my girls in green, so I'll be changing their clothes if we go out again :)

I've been using a lot of dark colors lately because of my fun new Basic Grey Blush paper. So, I thought for this card I'll be using next month, I would try to stay bright and "springy." It doesn't really fit the recipient, but oh well, she'll get over it! :)

I used my Diamond Stickles on the centers of the flowers (flowers, circles and sentiment from my Paper Tray set) and also on the centers of the little flowers in the heart that's from the Simply Said SU! stamp set (the main image). The strip of Pretty in Pink patterned paper is from the Spring Mini paper pack called Petals & Paisleys. The bottom Apricot Appeal CS was stamped with the Dotted BG stamp from SU!. Obviously, the colors I used to stamp were Apricot Appeal and Pretty in Pink. My brads were the pink ones from the SU! Soft Subtles brads. The ribbon is SU!'s Apricot grosgrain. I rounded some corners with my corner rounder punch, and that's about it! I hope you enjoy it. Have a great Sunday and I'll post again on Monday. Take care.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable !! The colors just scream "SPRING"! Too bad the man upstairs isn't listening to the screams and dumped half a foot of snow on me yesterday. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring really is represented by your card. I love the colors and the overall "happiness" of it, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card! top notch! love your use of color in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute! I really like the rounded corners and the colors really do remind me of spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)