***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 16, 2007

Blog candy WINNER, my NEW BANNER, plus a CARD!!


Well, little miss Emma (as you can see above) drew 2 numbers to decide the winner of my blog candy. For the first digit, I had her draw from 0-7 and for the 2nd digit it was 0-9. She drew a 2 and a 7, so lucky commenter #27 is the winner. Who was that you want to know? It was Jane (troopersma on SCS)!!!! She said: My favorite right now is Sophie. She's a shepherd/chow mix. We got her from a friend who'd rescued her from an abusive home. She has these gorgeous brown eyes that are so expressive that sometimes I swear there is a person inside her. We also have a Shih-Tzu but he's on my SHIH list because he won't quit peeing in the house since I went back to work. I think he's mad that he isn't getting as much attention.Her comment cracked me up. I just loved reading what all of you had to say. Some comments were really funny, some were touching, and some were sad. It was sad to see how many of you have a favorite pet that's no longer alive, or has recently passed away. I know it's like losing a member of the family, and I agree with Lynda when she says she's saddened to hear that people don't like pets. Allergies are one thing, or possible situations where your job takes you away too much (like in the military sometimes) to allow for a pet, but they are so wonderful. They teach unconditional love, and they teach you that there are people/animals that depend on you just to live and especially for kids that's a great lesson in responsibility. Anyway, off of my soap box. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO COMMENTED! It was a lot of fun. JANE - please e-mail me your address so I can get your blog candy sent ASAP (mcclellans@stx.rr.com).

Geez, you ask me to pick ONE pet? I have loved most all of my pets (I guess the exclusion would be some of the kids' pet critters which weren't truly mine to begin with).

 

Do you like my new blog banner?!?!?!? It was made just for me by Beth Silaika (MyPrecious on SCS). Her blog Freckled Fun Designs can give you all the info you need to get your very own custom made blog banner or watermark. She was super patient with me, and even helped me upload it onto my blog when I was having some technical difficulties. I wanted something with a "doodled" look and I told her my color preferences and what I was seeing for the font of the title, and boy did she deliver! Go check her out, you won't regret it and it's small change well spent for a little personalization.


This last picture is a card that I made the other day and I think I will use it for another Blogger's RAK that I'm part of on SCS. To be in it, you just have to be on the SCS RAK list, and then you go here on SCS to join the Blogger's RAK group. I have to pick who to send it to, and I hope they like it! I used the Doodle This set from the Spring Mini to stamp the flower image in Brow StazOn on watercolor paper. I then colored it in with my Aqua Painter using Cranberry Crisp and More Mustard re-inkers. Next, I used some of that fun Basic Grey Blush paper along with my Big Shot and the Cuttlebug Swirls (I think that's the name of it!) embossing folder to finish the look. A tiny bit of polka-dot organdy ribbon was added along with the stamped "hello" sentiment from my Paper Tray stamp set. Let me know what you think, and happy weekend!!!

********Today I enabled the setting that allows others to use blogger reader and other such programs to ping my blog to check for updates. If I understand right, previously to now you could not add my blog to your list and get updates. Either way, now we're good to go! :)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new look of your banner, it really works for spring because it reminds me of the sky.It could also work in winter by changing the flowers to snowflakes - this is just stuff running through my head that I ramble on about, LOL.Your girls are beautiful!I love everything about this card, it's just fabulous, TFS.Have a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winner and yes, I love your new banner! Way cute! The card is great too! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banner is awesome; I wondered as soon as I saw it if Beth haddesigned it! I left a comment on SCS on this card; I truly love it and had to RUN to my stamp room to try a CASE; I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! The coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your banner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)