***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 9, 2007

Masculine Birthday Card

So, if you came to my blog once already this morning, no - you're not crazy! This post was not here. I "fudged" the time/date stamp on the post so that my Comment Moderation post would stay at the top. Anyway, I created this card for my father-in-law's birthday. It's on St. Patrick's Day, so I had to get it in the mail ASAP so it could get all the way to Mexico where they live right now. I tried to keep it simple. I feel like masculine cards don't usually need much embellishment. On this card, I relied on my old-faithful male stamp set, Artifacts. I used the DS paper from SU! called Treehouse. My card was a True Thyme base with Buckaroo Blue on the bottom and More Mustard behind the Very Vanilla stamped center piece. I did direct to paper inking on the edges of the Vanilla piece and stamped off my Print Pattern and Weathered BG stamps before applying them to the parts of the card that they are on. I stamped the Happy Birthday from the Warmest Regards hostess stamp set. For the "star" image, I used the rock and roll technique to roll the Buckaroo Blue inked star in the True Thyme. I hope you like it and that he does too!

2 comments:

  1. sentimentsbydeniseMar 9, 2007, 9:21:00 AM

    Marie - Your masculine card is great! I'm always challenged with those kinds of cards!P.S. Your last name is my maiden name - it's a rare one, so I just had to say something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT card! It is really good to see masculine cards because I find them difficult. I love the stamped-off backgrounds, its PERFECTION. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)