***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 12, 2007

"Notes" Book

I made this little book for myself for keeping track of stuff at church. I used my RubiCoil to punch the holes in a piece of same-sized scrap paper so that I could then use my hand-held 1/8" circle punch to punch all of the holes. A pain, but the RubiCoil couldn't punch through the matboard that was covered in DS paper (if I only had a Bind It All....) I simply cut up notebook paper for the inside and the RubiCoil easily punched through that (in small stacks). It's simple, but I thought it was cute, and of course it has a matching pen. I covered 2 pieces of mat board with the Au Chocolat DS paper in the Spring Mini. I made the paper fold over onto the inside and then I reversed the polka-dot paper so that the other side of that lovely 2-sided paper was glued on the inside to cover the paper that was folded in. Make sense? I should have taken a picture of that too - oh well. I used the smaller flower from Doodle This (Spring Mini) and some of my "Flirty" ribbon left over from what I purchased from the Winter Mini. The Ruby Red has some ugly little hand-drawn doodles along it's edges. One of these days I'll get good at that! ;) I used my Paper Tray stamp set to stamp the word "note", and used another word that began with "s" to add the "s" to it. Definitely an advantage that this stamp set is clear - no Stamp-A-Ma-Jig needed to add that little "s" so it was a pretty quick add-on. I punched that out with my small oval punch and put some lovely Aged Copper hardware over the top, and I was finished!

Tomorrow will begin another round of me posting Spring Swap cards that I received because I don't see myself getting any stamping done today. The kitchen is a mess from the weekend, and I have laundry to do. I would love to have a maid if (1) we could afford that luxury, and (2) I could actually bear to LET them clean up our mess/dirt. Anyone else like that? I don't like other people cleaning up my house - especially doing laundry or cleaning bathrooms or definitely doing anything in MY bedroom! Oh well, I'll just have to start paying myself! :)

Don't forget, when I get to 10,000 hits on my blog, I will offer up my blog candy contest. I think it's a good one, especially for anyone who likes to STAMP, or ALTER THINGS, and so on.... :)

Take care!

PS - the "goof" on the address book I made for my friend (see yesterday's post), was that the "N" in Lindsey was mounted upside-down on my block, so when I stamped it, it was upside down :)

2 comments:

  1. This is supah' cute Marie ;o) and the pen to match ... perfect!!I have been thinking about the RubiCoil .... but you mentioned a Bind It All .... humm... I have not heard of that one ... I will have to research that ... that one must do more eh?TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great book and pen. I'm amazed at what you went through to get it done. You are also very, very resourceful, thanks for the tip about the "S" it's priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)