***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 10, 2007

Gift for a Friend


Well, as is the "norm" in the military, I said goodbye today to a really good friend. I wanted to give her something nice in addition to this "friend" card, so I got an address book at Wal-Mart and destroyed the cover by ripping the paper off of it on the front/back and insides so that I could re-cover it with my own. I hope she enjoys it. The first picture is of the book head-on with the pen, and the second is just of the book at an angle (I like this picture better but wanted you to see the little pen too). I had the ladies that went to her farewell lunch all fill in their info with the beaded pen I made to match. I will miss Lindsey and hope to see her again. I used the Au Chocolat paper from the Spring Mini, along with the tried and true stamp set Heartfelt Thanks. The colors I used were Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, and Very Vanilla. On the flower, it's Always Artichoke for the stem (I meant to use Old Olive - oops!). The background stamps used were Linen, Print Pattern and French Script. The brown ribbon is some that I have left from the Flirty ribbon that was in the Winter Mini (Flirty was that what it was called, right?) . For the her name, I used the Classic Alphabet stamp set, and for "friends" I used last year's Sell-A-Bration set called Noteworthy. It has a stamp that says "friend" and I added an "s." On the pen there is Vanilla, Chocolate, and brown polka-dot ribbon tied on the pen cap. Let me know what you think! Until Monday, enjoy!

PS - Does anyone see what I goofed on the book? I don't think Lindsey did. :)

4 comments:

  1. Marie, this is so cute! I to am a military wife and I have to say goodbye to dear friends more then I would like. I will for sure be using this idea next time the KV's get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful - I don't see anything wrong on it at all and I looked at the larger photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! The book is beautiful and you did a great job. I love the pen too. I can't find the "goof". I looked at the magnified version and I can't find anything, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is supah' cute Marie --- and I don't see the 's' as being messed up even after reading your error... it looks awesome awesome awesome!! This was really sweet of you to do this ~TFS~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)