***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 28, 2007

How to Create Your Own Blog Roll

Ally Stamps said in a comment: I would love to put you on my blogroll but I am not sure how to do it! I tried and it came out all wrong so I have to get rid of it. Do you think you could explain to me how?

To answer her question, anyone using blogspot like me should be able to follow these directions.

After you've signed in and are viewing your blog:

1. Click in the upper right-hand corner on "customize" and then click in almost the exact same spot on "dashboard".

2. From there, make sure you're in the "page elements" section, which is a tab in the upper left-hand corner - click on it if you need to.

3. After you're there, you should see a column going down the right side of the screen with all of the items in your blog's sidebar. I guess if your sidebar is on the left when you view your blog, it might be on the left on this screen too. Mine are on the right, so that's what I see. Once you see that column, you'll notice that at the top of it is the words "Add A Page Element". Click on that, and then create a title for your blog roll like "Blog Roll" or some similar thing so people know what it is. Mine says "Blogs to Visit."

4. Now you simply fill in the blog URL and give it a title (I always fill the title of the persons blog exactly as they have it) and click the blue colored tab that says "Add Link". Here's the IMPORTANT thing to remember. Clicking on Add Link only adds the link, it doesn't save it. When you're adding multiple links, just keep adding them like you did the first.

5. When you're done adding all of the links you want, then you can click on the orange colored tab that says "Save Changes". This is what will make them stay there and appear on your blog.

When you want to add more in the future, you follow steps 1-2, skip 3, and instead of adding a page element which is step 3, you click on the blue word "Edit" that's in the box with the words describing your blog roll (whatever you decided to title it). Then you just pick back up with step 4, adding them the same way as above by typing in the URL, giving it a title, clicking add link, and saving changes when done making additions. Easy peasy??? Hopefully this helps some of you.

I'm hoping to do some stamping tomorrow morning so that tomorrow I'll have something fun to post. If you want me to add you to my blog roll, please visit this post by me and leave me your blog URL in a comment. Thanks, and take care!!!

1 comment:

  1. What clear and precise instructions! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)