***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 2, 2007

Better Early Than Not At All....

I made a card for Emma's birthday the other day. The good thing is, I have until April 21st to give it to her, so it's DONE! I didn't even make one for her last year, I'm such a bad mommy!!!! This year I said to myself, "I have time right now, so I'm going to do it right now and just let it sit!" Here's the card, both opened, and closed (so that you can see the pop-up in the circle window better):


For this card, I used my brand new Petals jumbo wheel from the SU! Spring Mini. I used Taken with Teal ink to roll it on my Cool Caribbean paper. Also on the card is some of the now unavailable Winter Mini DS Paper "Loves Me". I used some of it behind the circle in the little window (the pink part is the DS paper). I made use of my newly purchased oval and circle cutting systems from Creative Memories to cut the ovals that are mounted on the left-hand side of the card. The bottom oval layer is Taken With Teal. I used my large SU! oval punch to punch out Birthday Beauty and then trimmed it to fit on the circle that I punched with my SU! 1-1/4" punch. To make the window I simply used the SU! 1-3/8" punch and popped the smaller circle up with a dimensional. The ribbon is some rose grosgrain and some light pink polka-dotted organdy. Now for the fun part! I used Primas on the left side with some pink brads. I love Primas!!! I stamped the little girl from the Birthday Beauty stamp set both on a piece of Whisper White (which was later matted on the Pretty in Pink piece) and on a piece of the light pink DS Loves Me paper. I stamped it on the paper so that I could cut out her dress and adhere it to the Whisper White piece. I thought it looked cute for a dress. Next, I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter (via use of my 2-way glue pen) to her sash and the light dots on her dress. I colored her in with my Prismacolor pencils and blended with my blending stump and some baby oil. Then I added a last touch of glitter to her crown. Well, that's how I made her card! I think I may go back and add some pink circles to her cheeks to give them a little "color", what do you think?

I thought I would post a picture of our Pug, Oscar. He's the one that chewed through our internet cable about a week ago. He had his very first bath from someone other than me (or my hubby) this week, and he came home so pretty with a little blue bow and he smelled SO GOOD that I will never bother to wash him myself again (at least as long as we live here). Plus, the great thing about taking him to a groomer who only charged $23 for EVERYTHING (brushing, bath, nails clipped, ears cleaned, dip, perfume) is that I got to stay dry through the whole process! Definitely a bonus to not smell like wet dog myself. Oscar's a little hard to bathe....Anyway, here's our cute "little" guy (he's actually pretty big as far as pugs go):

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card and adorable pug! We had to say goodbye to our beloved pug, Toby, several months ago. Pugs are just so perfect! Love your blog!Stefaniewww.scrappedsilly.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...my son's b-day is April 21st too! Whoa, you are early. That pug is too cute! My mom breeds them so I have met more than on in my lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dog! If I am ever able to talk my husband into getting a dog, a Pug is what I will get! Thanks for sharing him with us and feel free to share some more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)