***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 29, 2007

One of those days....

Have you ever had one of those days stamping, where everything you make has something wrong with it? Well, today was one of those days for me. I'm still going to share the 3 cards I made with you over the next few days because I think they're cute even though they have some flaws :)

This is my transparent Easter bunny card, with a somewhat French looking sentiment. I realized after I doodled my grass that I shouldn't have doodled in front of the bunny since I hadn't done any masking to make the bunny not show behind it. So, either the bunny is transparent, or I guess the grass could be too. Funny, huh? Another thing I did wrong was that when I was being lazy I stamped the eggs a little below the line of the basket, so I added some doodles to camouflage that mistake. Also, little Miss Sarah bumped me when I was stamping the sentiment, so not only is it crooked but the "s" has a funny little curly-cue on the bottom of it much like something I think I've seen on French c's or some other letter.

This card and the other two I will show you tomorrow and Saturday, were made so that they could be examples for a friend who wanted some cards to make with her mother-in-law and future sister-in-law because the weather had us all stuck inside this morning. I had to keep them simple because I wouldn't be there to walk them through everything and I didn't know how much stamping experience they all had. I cut all of the paper for them, and let her borrow all of the necessary stamps and ink. She paid me for the consumables which is always appreciated. As you'll see, there's very little embellishment on any of the three cards but I think they're all cute if I could just zap off the little flaws that came along with them at different points. Well, I hope you enjoy the card and get a laugh out of my mistakes. I'm sure we all make them at some point, I've just never messed up every single thing I sat down to make in one sitting before!!! LOL Take care!

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed them out. I think the card is adorable and any NON-stamper would not see the tiny mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all had those days but I think your card is still great! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! I have been there! I have to admit that I got a chuckle out of th grass on the bunny thing, as I have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, since you've pointed out the mistakes I must tell you that I still love it! Any bunny hopping down the bunny trail is too cute to be a mess. Don't worry you're not alone all of us have had those days, thanks for the joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)