***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 20, 2007

Baby Name Frame


I had to get this frame done by tomorrow. My hope was to have done it this last weekend but you know how that goes :) Anyway, I used the Headline Alphabet for the letters and Chocolate Chip craft ink. Originally I was going to try to do white craft ink polka-dots on the brown letters, but when I stamped with my craft ink I got a weird texture to the letters. I decided I would just stick with that texture because it looked neat. I also stamped a little tiger cub all over the Kraft CS in VersaMark. I did this because each name frame I make for babies born into one of our squadrons here on the base (that's called the Tigers) has at least one of those tiger images stamped somewhere on the frame. The squadron commander's wife is actually the one who requests/purchases them from me for each new baby. What a cool gift, huh?!?! So, back to the frame - I used some Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon on it that I got from Taylor's ribbon share a while back, and I used a little Chocolate Chip grosgrain too. The hardware is all Aged Copper, and that's about it! I hope she likes it. I have the hardest time getting what I see in my head down on the frame. It doesn't look quite like I pictured it, but I think it's okay. Not my favorite that I've done, unfortunately. Anyway, take care, and let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer NellenbackMar 20, 2007, 7:35:00 PM

    I think it is a cute frame. I am re-making the one I did for our last name because I just didn't like it. I'm not sure what colors I am going to use, but I want some darker colors. I am also doing one for Mike's mom and dad. They are fire fighters so I picked up some fire fighter paper from the Emporium along with some stickers (I would have used stamps, but I don't have any to match my theme). Anyhow glad you liked my card and I will see you in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have me inspired!!! We have quite a few birthday's coming up and I think this is THE thing to do for them!!! plus a baby on the way for a cousin!!!now.. where did I put my big alpha???? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful. I would have loved such a great gift from our squadron commander. And the tiger cub idea is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a real classic. Nice work, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is a lovely (young manly) looking frame. I would be thrilled to receive it and would hang it proudly. I think you did a swell job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a fantastic job! I love the colors and the textured look of the letters is wonderful. It's very classic looking and I think that a teenage boy wouldn't mind keeping it in his room because it's not overly baby. Great work, TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)