***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 8, 2007

Big Shot, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders and Basic Grey Paper - New Stuff to Play With!

So, long story short - I won a Big Shot on eBay. Remember how I posted that I was trying to figure out if I wanted one or not? You can see my post about that here. Well, I bid on one and never thought I'd win it since I thought my max bid of $65.00 seemed low since it was like half-price. Well, I WON! So, I got my Big Shot and after winning it I went to eclectic Paperie and bought some Cuttlebug embossing folders and when I was in San Antonio I bought the little 2 x 2 flower dies that I've seen everywhere (wanted to see them in person, but I think that eclectic Paperie does carry them). Along with the embossing folders I got at eclectic Paperie I also purchased a Basic Grey 6x6 Blush pad of paper.

I LOVE eclectic Paperie and highly recommend them. They are a great online store to do business with. I have a couple more Basic Grey pads I'm going to order from them today, along with a heart die, and I pre-ordered some CB embossing folders from them for April as well. They're going to love me!! :)

Well, the stuff I bought and have received has all been sitting here for about 2 weeks now and I decided I just had to finally dig into it. I also decided I didn't want to save the card until I was done with all of the swap cards (I may regret that later if I don't get time to stamp!) so I hope you like it!

Details on the card: I used my Cuttlebug A2 embossing folder called Bloom Dots on the piece of Sage Shadow CS. That is mounted on Blush Blossom CS because the A2 folders emboss at a size slightly smaller than your standard card. The Blush paper I mounted on Cranberry Crisp CS and tied a piece of the stitched Cranberry grosgrain ribbon (still available as a write-in from SU!) around it. Lastly, I used my totally fun stamp set Paper Tray from papertrey ink for all of the stamping. I used the flower that they have and flipped it over and used the back-side of the flower to make the Creamy Caramel outline on my Cranberry Crisp Bloom. I also used the stamps that make the centers of the flower and colored them about half-way to create my leaves. I was trying to mimic the patterns on the flowers on the Blush paper. Anyway, the "hello" is also form the Paper tray stamp set too. I did some light sponging of Chocolate Chip on the edges of the Whisper White CS and that's about it! Let me know what you think, and take care!!!

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer NellenbackMar 8, 2007, 4:40:00 PM

    I love everything about this card. I love the paper, the colors and I love the flowers on the paper. They are so cute. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great...glad you had fun with your new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this card is wonderful! You did some amazing things. I love your style! TFS all of the great details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! You are making it very hard to resist that new PaperTrey stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I have this paper and stamp set! You did a great job making it look like the flowers on the paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)