***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 13, 2007

OPEN: Spring - Themed Card Swap

I'm hosting a spring-themed card swap, and here's the info I sent to my mailing list:

Stampers,

I would like to propose a spring-themed swap. What do I mean by spring? Well, birds, flowers, Easter, cute little animals, the kinds of things that remind us all of spring. It’s a pretty flexible swap theme.

The only requirements are that you use Stampin’ Up! ink/card stock and stamps. The other embellishments you use can be from SU! or any other source you would like.

These will be card fronts only. If you wish to do a full card that is fine, but you don’t have to. A card front is a quarter-sheet of card stock, and it measures 5 ¼” x 4”. For those of you new to swaps, this means you get 4 card bases out of one sheet of card stock – it’s like cutting a card in half so that it doesn’t open/close.

I will close sign-ups for this swap on Thursday March 22nd and they will be due in to me by Thursday April 5th so that I can get them out to everyone on Friday April 6th. Please deliver them in one of the larger-sized Ziploc bags so that all of the swaps you get back will fit. Sandwich-size bags are often too small and damage the cards.

If you no longer live in Del Rio (are reading this on my blog, for instance) and would like to participate, simply mail your swap in a Ziploc bag for protection, along with a SASE inside (with an extra couple of loose stamps in your baggie just in case – they will be returned if unused), and I will get them back to you ASAP.

If you would like to participate, simply reply back to this e-mail and I will keep track and let everyone know how many CARD FRONTS they have to make – it will be one card front per person that signs up. So, for example, if 12 people sign up you will have to make 12 card fronts (that’s just 3 pieces of card stock for the bases of the cards – super easy). Blog readers, please e-mail me (in my profile there is a link) to sign up and I will e-mail you back my mailing address - PLEASE honor the deadline and have your swaps in my hands by then).

I can e-mail you some “generic” card-swap instructions if you request them.

I can’t wait to see what you make!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)