***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 24, 2007

Sorry, Some Rambling....

I'm sorry you've not gotten any posts with pictures of cards and such. It turns out that what is making me feel lousy is Bronchitis, and of course you can't take a whole lot of anything when you're pregnant.

We're still dying to know 100% for sure what the baby is - I'm at 24 weeks and it's never taken this long except when Emma had her legs crossed and we only got an ultrasound at 16 and 30 weeks where I lived then. This doctor does them EVERY TIME!!! A friend of mine did an ultrasound on me (she's a nurse) and we REALLY thought we saw the family jewels several times, but when I went it for my monthly OB appointment 2 days later the doctor said he still didn't see anything there, but he didn't say "it's a girl" either. We were so excited after the ultrasound with my friend, and thought for sure the doctor would confirm it. His ultrasound machine is from the 80's though, and the place where my friend did it the machine is MUCH newer. The OB did detect a slower than normal heart rate though - I saw it clear as day too, so I have to go to San Antonio soon to be evaluated. I'm hoping that it's nothing. Both of my girls are so healthy I would be stunned to have a problem with this one. It's been kind of stressful and I'm just trying to not think about it.

We're getting ready for my parents to come to visit next week. It will be exciting and we'll celebrate Emma's birthday early with them because Emma thinks Nana (we say it more like Naw-Nuh than Nah-Nuh like most people - just not very emphatic on the "w" sound) and Baba coming means it's her birthday. :) We call my dad Baba because he is from Iran and the word for grandfather is much longer and harder to say, especially for a little one, than Baba (which means father). I don't know if it will stick when they're older but it's nice to have 4 grandparents each called something different so there's no confusion. My husband's parents are Memaw and Pepaw (no idea really how to spell those).

The hubby had to go in to work this morning because the base is getting ready for a big inspection called an Operational Readiness Inspection. When I was in the military I just happened to miss them at each base I was stationed at either by arriving there shortly after one, or moving right before one. They're pretty stressful for all involved because you don't want to be "the one" that messes up and gets called out on it for not having your paper work in line, or not knowing all of the rules and regulations of your job, etc. Since the ORI is the last week of March and the first few days of April, I'm not sure that my hubby will get to go with me to San Antonio for the appointment there to evaluate the Bradycardia.

With everything going on, I just wanted to let you know why I might be posting a lot less frequently for a while. I'm so astonished that there are so many of you who check in daily and even bother to subscribe to my feed to know when I have new posts. It gives me a warm fuzzy :) I promise that when things settle down, I will get back to having my usual "fresh" blog, with posts 5-6 days a week (never Sundays) so that you'll have something new to see every time you check in. If you're not subscribed, it might be beneficial to do that (in the right sidebar, it says subscribe with Feedblitz) so that you know when something's new and don't check each day and be disappointed. A benefit to Feedblitz is that you don't have do anything other than check your e-mail as you usually do, and you'll know if I've posted something new. Also, taking Robin Desko's advice in this post in her blog Rubber Stamped Reflections, I myself have started using Google Reader and it's AWESOME!! It does the same thing as Feedblitz, without cluttering my e-mail - you just log in and check your subscriptions that you've input in one spot. So, if you want to migrate your Feedblitz subscriptions to Google Reader instead, check out Robin's post on how to do it.

Anyway, take care everyone, and hopefully you'll hear from me next week! Have a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with your parents and take care of yourself.I have all of the blogs I read in my favorites so it's not a problem to run through each one checking for a post. With Feedburner I found that the notification of a posts comes MANY hours after something has posted, I'll try Google. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie:Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts on your pregnancy. Enjoy the visit with your family and try to relax!We will all look forward to seeing your wonderful creations when you get settled.Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with you appointment and take it easy! I had it super easy with my first 2 prenancies but with my 3rd I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 15 weeks. That was not easy, when we also had a PCS half way across the contry. Your family will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received the blog candy...and I've already used some of the flowers on a mailbox I made for my secret pal. Everything was wonderful! Thanks!My first pregnancy was triplets and they pegged all the sexes (2 girls one boy) very early on. They came early at 25 weeks so I know it was before that! LOL!My second pregnancy they never could tell. So I didn't find out till delivery. Enjoy your family and preserve the memories!Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, I'll be thinking of you while you have your appointment. I am sure it is hard not to get freak out. Just having a had our little one, I know how stressful even a healthy, normal pregnancy can be. Keep positive! and take care of yourself. -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, Sorry to hear you are not feeling well! Get better really soon! If you need help getting orders out or anything, give me a call & I'll help you out. Hugs to Emma on her birthday! Enjoy your time with the family. After the ORI, lets go to the Emporium and have ice cream!Cherie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)