***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 1, 2007

Another No Layers CASE

I thought I would show you the difference a spectrum pad makes. My masking didn't work so well. I used post-it notes to mask out my rectangles, but on both images ink managed to get underneath the sticky part in some spots. I've heard of using masking tape, but wonder if that could rip the paper? Maybe SUPER sticky post-its would work better. Anyway, when you use a spectrum pad, the blending between the colors is so much more smooth and subtle. Not as much of a "line" between the two shows as when you simply brayer each individual color on as in my previous CASE that you can see here. The original card I CASE'd by Jen del Muro can be found here. I hope you enjoy them!!

This first card uses the SU! Cotton Candy spectrum pad, Black StazOn, Happy Hearts stamp set (retired) and the also retired stamp set A Light Heart for the sentiment.


This 2nd card uses the SU! Celebration spectrum pad, Black StazOn, a Basic Black marker, and the Happy Harmony Sell-A-Bration stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)