***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 28, 2007

Coaster Box

I thought I would share the coaster box that I made for my stamp camp in February. My guests got to choose their own colors of DS paper from the Loves Me paper pack in the Winter Mini catalog. I can't believe today's the last day for ordering from it!! I really like a lot of the items in it and REALLY hope that at least the Fancy Flexible Phrases that I earned as part of hostess benefits one time come back in the next SU! bi-annual Idea Book and Catalog. I also really like Small Sayings stamp set for the "sayings" stamps and wouldn't mind having it back either but I doubt it will be.

Enough rambling. As for how I made the coaster box: I used Mod Podge to adhere the patterned paper to 5 coasters. I sanded the edges after trimming the corners of the paper with my paper snips to round them like the coasters are. I then punched holes in each of four coasters (boy do I need a Crop-A-Dile!!!) with my SU! 1/4" circle punch and my hand sure was sore after that!!! These coasters are medium weight so the punch works, it's just VERY hard unless you find a good hard spot in your hand to punch all 40 holes. I had my guests only do 3 holes on each side - that is much better than four!! :) LOL After punching the holes I tied my ribbon through and created the four sides. Lastly, I got out some really strong glue that I bought at Wal-Mart called 527 Multi-Purpose Cement. I love it - it works really great when I need an extra strong adhesive. When we made the Pinewood Derby car for our girls (see this post), we used this glue to glue in the butchered Polly Pockets (one of them had to lose her legs because they didn't bend and thus she couldn't sit as long as she had them). Anyway, after gluing the bottom on I filled it with what is actually some "grass" from the Easter section in Wal-Mart. I then filled an organdy bag that I found in the wedding section (also found at, you guessed it, Wal-Mart) with various chocolate yummies. I hope you like it! The ladies at the camp really enjoyed making it. Take care and have fun with another silly quiz!


What Your Hands Say About You

You are logical, analytical, and rational. You have good verbal skills.

Flexible and broad minded, you can fit in to any situation. There's no telling where your life will take you.

Consistent and reliable, you like to count on structure and routine in your life.

Your emotions tend to be nervous and potent. Your energy - both positive and negative - deeply impacts your life.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet coaster box Marie --- absolutely love it!! I just received an order of coasters myself so I can't wait to try this myself!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!TFS~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)