***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 22, 2007

FS01 AGAIN....

I just love the very first Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS. Krabearkub (Kurtis) was the first artist featured, and his clean, simple style is really appealing. Please reference my first post on FS01 for more details. Here is the card that I made, and it's actually the 2nd of my Spring Mini swap cards for the group of swappers I'm in. The first is in today's other post. Here it is:


I had so much fun making this card! I used the Spring Mini set called Doodle This, and I'm absolutely in love with it! I love the style of the doodles and all of the possibilities there are for coloring them in, or simply stamping them on different papers and backgrounds. I colored in the flower with my re-inkers (Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, and Regal Rose) and a watercolor brush. I then cut it out and put it on a dimensional. The streaks of color on the white card base are done with my stipple brush and re-inkers in Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, and Regal Rose. I stamped the word "happiness" from the Warm Words stamp set and also "For You" from Happy Everything on a piece of vellum and adhered that to my white base with a staple and a glue dot (hidden behind the piece of pink organdy ribbon). I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Simple and sweet design. Love the colors! Thanks for sharing... or lighting another candle - I have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this!?! I love the colors and the flower you chose to pop up! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colour swipes! What a cool idea. I'm going to have to try that on a card really soon. Thanks for sharing!Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!! I actually received one of these in person in the QC swap and it's absolutely sooo cool in person!! I'm gonna love to show this one off ;o)Thanks Marie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)