***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 14, 2007

Featured Stamper Challenge #1

I made this card (10 of them) for a friend who's moving. I got the inspiration from a challenge on SCS called the Featured Stamper Challenge which is a new challenge on that site. This week's featured artist is krabearkub who is one of the few males on SCS. His style is simple, but his cards and other projects are extremely striking! There is a link to his website on the right-hand side of your screen in my Blogs I Like to Browse section, under Stampin' Kub. Here's the card he made and the details I changed are the colors, obviously. I used the Itty Bitty Background stamps for the texture on the Buckaroo Blue (I'm pretty sure he used a Color Spritzer that SU! sells). I also used a different stamp set for the main image (from the On The Move stamp set) . I sponged the outside edges of the scalloped oval with So Saffron. The layout is gorgeous on his card, and it works for mine, but I'm not as impressed with how mine turned out. I didn't have anything cute to attach with a brad on my scalloped oval, so I left that off too. Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and so does the receiver of my cards!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute...great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)