***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 12, 2007

Emma's Valentines

Little miss Emma made some Valentines today for her friends. I am so proud of her. She's going to be a better stamper than her Mommy soon! She did everything herself except cut the hearts out. I wanted to make sure that the words showed when she didn't get them on the heart, so I cut around them and I think she would have just cut them off. The hearts are a little small, too, for an almost-4 year-old to have the dexterity to cut out. They are for her friends Claire and Skyler (as you should be able to read inside of them!) who she gets to see today and do some Valentine's activities with. Emma is doing so well with her writing and learning the sounds of letters. We bought the Hooked on Phonics Kindergarten Learn to Read kit. It wasn't the largest kit they have, but after just ONE lesson with it, she has about 2/3 of the letter sounds down. Of course, we'll see if she still remembers them tomorrow, practice makes perfect, but I was a little skeptical if the HoP would work, and it seems to be doing great! My only criticism of the program we bought is that they used flashcards in conjunction with a CD, and even for an adult it's a little hard to turn the cards fast enough to keep up with the letters sometimes. It's great other than that, so far! Anyway, today I wanted to spotlight Emma's little cards, so here they are! She used the stamp set Sweet Talk, the pocket notes from the Winter Mini in Chocolate Chip, some Real Red and Whisper White paper, Classic inks in Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal and Gable Green. The hearts are each popped up with dimensionals. For the writing on the inside she used a white Crayola crayon. :) Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Jennifer NellenbackFeb 12, 2007, 7:06:00 PM

    These are so adorable. I just love them. I can't wait 'till Caleb and Molly get old enough to do all of these things. They are absolutely prcious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer NellenbackFeb 12, 2007, 7:07:00 PM

    Oops...I meant precious. Sorry I was in a bit of a hurry when I was typing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! You did a great job Emma, Skyler will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)