***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 8, 2007

MY 1ST BLOG CANDY!

***The time/date stamp on this post will be edited each day to keep it at the top (I don't know any other way to keep it there) so check below for newer posts and pictures.***

***I had a workshop get scheduled for tonight after I posted this, and realized I'll have to extend the contest a little. I'll have my daughter draw tomorrow (Sat) morning at 8 a.m.***

So, I'm sitting here thinking about how Valentine's day is only about a week away, and I have no idea what to do/get my hubby!!!! I thought that since quite a few people actually check in with my blog (still not sure why? LOL), maybe you could help me figure something out. I would love to hear what you are doing/getting for your significant other. Obviously, you don't necessarily know mine very well, so asking for suggestions might not work well, but I thought that perhaps what you are doing or giving yours will inspire me on what to do for mine.

So, leave me a comment and tell me what you're getting your hubby, and this will be how I give away my very first BLOG CANDY!!!!! I will have my daughter, Emma, draw a comment out of a "hat" to get the winner on Saturday the 10th at 8:00 a.m. central time. Get your comments in before then!!!

What's the blog candy you're probably wondering? Well, I am doing a coaster order as many of you know, and I will send you TWENTY coasters to do whatever you please with! These blank coasters are all the rage on SCS and can be turned into boxes, books, calendars, albums, and all kinds of other things. Here's a link that has some good pictures for you to give you ideas. If you go into the "forums" section of SCS and type in "coaster" in the forum search, you will come up with hundreds of posts on them. So.... tell me what you're getting your significant other and you'll be entered to win 20 coasters! Just so you know, if you make one of THESE SUPER CUTE boxes, it takes 5 coasters. That means you can make 4 of them out of the coasters I'm giving away! If you want to make one of THESE really cute Mini Books, you only need 2 coasters, so you could make TEN of them!!!

Also, here's another one of those goofy quizzes that I like to post on here every now and then. My girls like Sesame Street alot, so I thought this one was relevant to us :)

You Are Big Bird

Talented, smart, and friendly... you're also one of the sanest people around.

You are usually feeling: Happy. From riding a unicycle to writing poetry, you have plenty of hobbies to keep you busy.

You are famous for: Being a friend to everyone. Even the grumpiest person gets along with you.

How you live your life: Joyfully. "Super. Duper. Flooper."

19 comments:

  1. I cheated and asked my DH and he replied, "Anything from Victoria Secret that you like". (((Men....insert rolling eyes)))Actually my DH loves chocolate so this year I'm going to make him a decorated can (or Frap bottles) filled with Dove candies (his favs) and (ultra corny me) will add a card that says: I Dove You...Have a stamp-a-riffic day1Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog candy give away! I have yet to play with a coaster - so this would be FUN FUN FUN!!!For valentines day, I'm considering several ideas :-)1. concert tickets 2. surprise night away (time alone with no kids is always a nice idea!!)3. surprise day trip to a local indoor water park4. indoor picnic complete with sparkling grape juice, checkered table cloth on the floor and lots of candlelight (a good idea when you live in Michigan and need to think about the days when you can actually GO outside!)5. tickets to a Columbus Crew soccer game for the springThose are just 5 ideas I've been tossing around. Who knows what I'll end up with!!Thanks for the contest!Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am boring in so far as the romance department goes (heck we simply crave sleep all the time...I seriously wonder how I got pregnant with the last one!) that I usually go overboard and simply get something that my husband really wants. As such, it tends to always be expensive (my DH has champagne tasted) and lends itself towards something for his car, stereo or XBOX. I figure love is really just looking at a situation through their eyes and figuring out what they would like best...I hope my DH gets me stamps for V-day! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is getting absolutely nothing. He won't be here. I will be getitng his paycheck direct deposited to do with what I want. He is working and I am playing-guess after 35 years I deserve that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, I know you said a while ago Peter really likes cheesecake. What about making/or ordering one for him. You could do a baby thing together-work on a baby book, come up with names or do the unthinkable. What I mean is do something he would never expect you to do but has always kinda wanted. I am thinking of a steak dinner with the really bad potato and yummy dessert (his favorite)! Grilling and having a nice dinner (with the kids) and then lighting a fire on the patio and hanging out there under a blanket. Nothing to crazy, we are in Del Rio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby will be working on the actual day of Valentine's, but we will be going out to dinner on the weekend. Haven't decided what else to do--it's gotta be something special because I just had surgery and he's been treating me like an angel! Lois H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well for us, we will be celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary along with our newly adoped two 1 year olds. I'm thinking of hiring a babysitter for our first night out ALONE in a year! A back rub and me. Sounds wonderful! I bet we end up falling asleep around. Just being alone together will be our biggest gift to each other. Wonder what we will talk about? Oh yeah the babies! :)))Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off Valentine's Day is also my anniversary #31 this year. I'm planning on making him a great mealof steak and crab legs. I bought him a new portable CD player (he's been wanting) and some new worship CD's. We plan on watching some DVD's and letting the evening play out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well....keeping this "clean" you understand, I usually make him a really nice dinner (something out of the ordinary for us cuz we're usually running to and fro!) and give him two cards--one funny and one serious....he's a sweetie....

    ReplyDelete
  10. No DH here...I'm separated. So I'm going to make my 2 kids a card each and have a gift & some kind of treat like ice cream :)Karen in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow V-day at our house is always a fight rather than romance. We usually don't do much to celebrate. I think I will just make my husband a card and make him his favorite dinner. I guess we are boring, but live in a small town that there isn't even a restaurant to go out!My sister ordered some of the coasters. I'm excited that you are giving some away as blog candy. Great contest. Love your ideas and blog.Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dh likes lingerie...so I'm going to buy some at the "naughty store". He's working that day so we probably won't do much in the line of dinner or anything (he works 10-8p.m.) But opening that will give him something to look forward to that night. I leave for work before he gets up in the morning...so I'll probably leave it on my pillow with a card.troopersma on SCS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Because my husband is 75 years old; and we have or he has everything he wants, I think a kiss is what he would enjoy more than anything money could buy. He has his health, his wife, children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, his home, and friends; and they mean more to him than anything else. His most precious gifts are his *grand-dogs and grand-cats*. LOL So I think, I will skip Victoria's Secret and just give him an old fashioned kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh!! I will definitely be watching this list of comments as I have no idea what to buy my DH yet... Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My hubby and I will be celebrating 40 years in November. He works out of town through the week so we will just be sharing our e-flowers and I will make him a special card. We don't do gifts for each other, but usually go out to eat and spend special time with each other. Hope I win because I would love to coaster to play with!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. After 38 years our Valentine celebration is a quiet steak dinner at home and watch a movie in the comfort of our home!Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im afraid I'm in the same catagory as Lynda...after 38 years! Dinner & a movie is more than likely the plan. Bake a favorite dessert and stamp a not so sappy card! (he doesn't like those)Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  18. We haven't ever done much for Valentines Day, always a card of course, will probably get some candy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. we will have dinner out but we don't do much in the way of gifts, for us, just spending the quality time together is gift enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)