***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 27, 2007

Inspiration from the things around us.

So, if you read my post yesterday, you'll see that I was inspired by Nichole to start with colors first, and go from there when creating a card. I bought Emma a shirt from Target that I LOVE and the colors are not ones I necessarily would have put together, but it's really lovely. So, I basically thought instead of just using the colors as inspiration I would also use the pattern. I thought that the SAB set "Delight in Life" was very close to the flowers on the shirt (the picture above) and I went from there. On a piece of Whisper White CS, I used the Linen BG to stamp (after stamping it off first) on the whole piece and then I stamped my Delight in Life flowers with Black StazOn on top of that, doing a lot of masking along the way. I colored in the images with my NEW prismacolor pencils, and blended them with a blending stump and baby oil. For some added dimension, I popped up one of the larger flowers with a dimensional. I used some Olive grosgrain that I got in a swap with Taylor V. and matted the piece on some Old Olive CS. After that, I took the little dotted circles "mini background" stamp that's in the Delight in Life stamp set and stamped them along the bottom of the Regal Rose card, in Regal Rose ink. Next, I punched my elongated Word Window piece of paper (Summer Sun) and stamped the words Just because (from my PaperTrey stamp set, Paper tray) in Summer Sun. I made a piece of faux thread out of Cool Caribbean CS with my AWESOME tabletop paper cutter (from SU!) and tied it through the button and stuck that on the word window strip. That's all! I think it was a lot of fun to use a shirt for inspiration. I did it once before for a card in this post, and really liked that one too. You should try out Nichole's method!!! If you do, I would love to see a comment from you with a link to your picture so I can see what you made. Take care, and here's my card:

2 comments:

  1. What a great job! How did you ever get the itty bitty piece of paper tied without it breaking?? Very clever!I follow Nichole's blog, too. And that is exactly the question I would have asked...how to get inspired. Her answer, and your example, have helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Love how you have the little flower cut out and placed on top of the ribbon for that 3-D effect --- too cool!!!!TFS~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)