***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 22, 2007

Coasters have Shipped to YOU!!! Why I've been gone....

Thanks to our lovely little pug, Oscar, I've had no internet since Tuesday! He CHEWED up the internet cable that connects from the yard to the house. He started to chew our satellite cable but the internet guy said that one has current through it, so he probably didn't chew it as much because he was probably getting zapped. I DON'T feel sorry for him!! The little stinker won't come inside when we call him, so he sits outside for hours at a time and this is why I guess - to chew up all of our stuff. Countless toys of the girls have been eaten, anything we forget to get out of his reach gets destroyed. When will it end!?!?! I hope soon - he's over a year old now so hopefully the urge to chew will lessen. Anyway....

I shipped all of the coasters yesterday except for Dale Anne's and Lois P.'s. If you two ladies could please e-mail me, I'll let you know why and get them out ASAP. THANKS and enjoy them! Let me know if you have any questions once they arrive.

I've made a couple of cards the past few days. I think that I will share one that I made for a swap I'm in with a group of ladies from SCS. I love this swap group, we get such great cards in it, and I can't wait to see what I get!!! This card was made for a Spring Mini swap, and here it is:


The stamp set used was Bunny Hugs. I can't wait to use it for "welcome baby" cards too. I think it will be more versatile than just being used for Easter cards. I put a white puffball on the tail. I colored the ears with my Pretty in Pink marker. The bunny was stamped with Black StazOn, and I used VersaMark to put little Easter eggs all over the background of the card (on the Cool Caribbean layer). You can't really see them, sorry. I used some of the GORGEOUS double-sided paper from the Spring Mini that coordinates perfectly with a couple of stamp sets in the Mini. It's called Petals & Paisleys. I love it!!! I stapled some pink grosgrain ribbon on, and ta-dah! It was a pretty simple card to make, but so far everyone who has seen it things it's adorable. I really like this set and know I will use it more for babies than Easter. I'm not too huge on "Easter bunny" Easters anyway. That's not the point of Easter. My kids have fun with that part, but we definitely talk a lot with them about what Easter is really celebrated for.

Well, I hope to be back to posting almost every day, and would love to hear from everyone. Take care, and thanks for reading!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for mailing the coasters!! LIz

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog chewed the wires so many times, the cable guy refused to come anymore (of course all he would do is drap the wire over the fence. So we got the satellite and its outside the fence-Clancy was a pistol-I miss his doggy grin so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my coasters - thanks so much!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an 'awesomely cute' card Marie ;o)))TFS~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)