***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 6, 2007

BRAK


What is a BRAK you may ask? It stands for Birthday Random Act of Kindness. Stampers just seem to love sending people stuff for no reason, and I am definitely included in that statement. Hence, the acronym RAK. Well, when someone has a Birthday, you can do the same thing, send someone you perhaps don't know, or don't know well, a birthday card. This card is for a certain someone who's on SplitCoastStampers, that is a really great girl and an inspirational stamper. I hope she likes it. I had a lot of fun making it. The Sell-A-Bration set I used was Very Punny (for the bird) and it was the stamp set I thought I would like the least out of SAB, but I find I'm using it the most! The paper I used is the Winter Mini Designer Series paper called "Loves Me" and I love IT!!! Anyway, for a little contrast between the pink polka-dotted sheet of paper and the card base, I did some light sponging around the edges of the DS paper. On that DS paper, I used the sentiment from Love Ya Bunches to say "happy bird-day to you!" I got that set when SU! offered it for 1/2 off recently. I used my Giga Scalloped Circle Punch made by Marvy Uchida for the Taken with Teal layer. For the DS paper circle, I used my Mega Circle Punch, also made by Marvy. I used SU!'s two largest circle punches (1 3/8" and 1 1/4") to make the layer for the stamped image and the Regal Rose layer behind it. I did some piercing on each scallop but decided not to outline the holes with my Signo Gel pen as I almost always do :) Thanks for looking, and I would love to hear what you think!

*****COMING SOON - my very first BLOG CANDY contest for my blog hitting 5000 views! I never saw that day coming - certainly not this quickly!

1 comment:

  1. This is quite cute...I have not pulled this set out yet...maybe inspiration will strike soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)