***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 24, 2007

Doodle This


I just got my very first set of PrismaColor pencils, and I LOVE THEM!! I decided to use them on this card that was inspired by Gina K. who made a cute card that made me want to play around with my new pencils and new Spring Mini stamp set Doodle This (see the card on her blog here in the post dated Feb 23rd). I'm still trying to get the hang of blending the colored images with my blending stump and Baby Oil (since I'm pregnant and Odorless Mineral Spirits while odorless, are still not a good thing to be inhaling). I think that over time my image will be more "blended" with practice. I used Black StazOn to stamp the Doodle This images. I used my new PaperTrey stamp set "Paper Tray" for the sentiment at the bottom, and my SU! Word Window punch to punch the elongated piece of whisper white paper for the words. On the middles of the flowers I used Icicle Stickles, but I don't think that you can see them too well. The background paper is double-sided (is also in the SU! Spring Mini) and is called "Petals & Paisleys". I hope you like it, and I'll be back on Monday as usual! It's going to be in/near the 80's here in Del Rio today, so we're going to have lots of fun family time outside. Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. So very well done...love the sentiment stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)