***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 17, 2007

FS01 and the Pinewood Derby


Well, this card is another one that I made for the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS. For details about Kurtis (the featured stamper) see this previous post. The card I CASE'd this time can be seen here. I only changed the colors and the stamp set used (I used Delight in Life from the SAB catalog). I stamped my sentiment vs. printing it as Kurtis did and I made it a top-fold card. I think I basically kept everything else the same. To get the color behind the vellum at the bottom I used my stipple brush to "swipe" the color across. I just dropped a drop of re-inker in the lid of my ink pad to dip the stipple brush into and then "swiped". The blossom I colored in with my pastels and a blender pen and adhered to the card with a dimensional to give it some "pop". I used Black StazOn on both the blossom and the sentiment. I stapled the left end of the vellum down, and hid a glue dot behind the ribbon tied on the right end of the vellum. It was a fairly simple card to make, but it's so eye-catching. I love it! I used this card today at my Stamp Camp. All of the ladies were so impressed that its original creator was a GUY!!! :) Kurtis really is an inspiration and I made sure to refer the ladies to his gallery on SCS.
-----------------------------

This afternoon we got to go to Church for a Pinewood Derby. Usually Pinewood Derby's are for Boy Scouts, but our Branch (group that meets at our Church at the same particular time on Sundays - there are 3 Branches here in Del Rio so that the meeting isn't ever too crowded for people to attend - the Branch you attend is determined by where you live) doesn't have any Boy Scouts so they decided to make it a family affair (really, that was just the dads excuse to get to race the cars themselves!) Anyway, we wanted to make our car a definite "girl" car since girls don't usually get to make them. Our kids are too young, but we made it for them, and put little red-headed Polly Pockets in the drivers seats so that they would know it was theirs. It won the award for the car with the most "Girl Power" and it did okay in the races. We weren't in the top 8 though that went on to the finals. The girls had a blast and it was a fun way to spend an afternoon together. Here are some cheesy pics of the girls and their car:

Emma

Sarah

Emma and Sarah saying "cheese"

The girls' car is on the left - it was so much cuter than the competition!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great interpretation of the challenge...this card is quite elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)