***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 8, 2009

QUADRUPLE SCS Challenge Card

DSCN5822



That's right!!  This card meets FOUR of the challenges over at SCS for this week.  As soon as I saw the Ways to Use It #200 challenge today for today (use stars on your card) I got this idea in my head and went with it.  The glitter strips that are Brilliant Blue (some glitter I have that's not labeled - sorry!) cover up the color that wasn't part of the color challenge.  This Jersey Shore DSP (SU! retired) has a Bashful Blue stripe so I put my Sticky Strip (Technique Lovers Challenge #202 was to use Sticky Strip and glitter on your card) over it to hide it.  The green in the Jersey Shore DSP is "really" Wild Wasabi (SU! retired In Color) but I think it's so close to Garden Green I really didn't feel like I was even cheating.  As you may recall from THIS card earlier this week, Color Challenge #200 was to use Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie and Wild Wasabi.  Lastly, the little sketch is Sketch Challenge #210 for this week.  If you click on any of the titles of the challenges you will be taken to them on the SCS website. 

DSCN5825 The Whisper White CS rectangles were run through my Big Shot with my Classic Rectangle Nesties and were both cut and then embossed.  My star I sort of cheated on - it's not Sticky Strip, rather it's from the SU! Sticky Cuts Letters pack.  It's a sticky Star that I stuck my blue glitter to and then stuck that to some thin cardboard (the label part of a Stampin' Dimensionals package) and cut out so that it was a little thicker than the Sticky "Strip" star and definitely more firm.  As for the brads, well, I punched my 6 holes only to find that the orange Fire Circle Rhinestone brads I wanted to use only had 5 in both of the 2 larger sizes and only 3 in the smallest size.  BUMMER!!  So - I whipped out my silver brads, detail Clear SU! embossing powder and my Fire glitter (Martha Stewart).  I heated a brad, dipped it in the ep and heated again, and then dipped and heated two more times (for a total of three times dipped and re-heated).  While it was still hot after the third dip and subsequent re-heat, I dipped it into the fire glitter.  Then I heated it again dipped it and heated it two more times - again for a total of 3 dips and 3 re-heats.  Make sense?  They're not exactly uniform in size, but they go nicely I think and I MADE them, so I'm happy with them! :)

I would love to hear what you think!!!

Stamps: Starring You
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White CS, Jersey Shore DSP (SU! retired)
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie and Brilliant Blue classic inks
Accessories:  Silver Brads, Detail Clear ep, heat tool, tweezers, Fire glitter (MS), Blue glitter (?), Sticky Cuts Letters (star), Sticky Strip, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, Big Shot, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Stampin' Dimensionals


So...I would love to hear what you think!!!

8 comments:

  1. WOW! You really rocked out the challenges!!! Your card is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you have made an amazing card! I love to see the things you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! I will have to give this sketch challenge a try! Love your use of the sticky strip for your glitter/coverup. Too cool! This would make a terrific boy card (well anyone really but I think my DS would love it)! :) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!!!! This one is totally amazing!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Fabulous. The sketch looks intimidating, kind of busy. But the card looks Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo those brads came out nice! I LOVE doing that w/ my brads too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how you layer in Dark. This card reminded me of a little boy birthday card. BTW, feedblitz isn't working, I didn't get any of these posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)