***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 6, 2009

A Color CHALLENGE and a Sketch

DSCN5816 



Can you believe that over on the Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge they have reached CC200?!?!?  That means that they have given us TWO HUNDRED color combos to try!!!  Well, Emily DID NOT make the 200th easy - for me at least! ;) 

DSCN5811    



They say (whoever "they" are?) that a lot of beginning stampers use a lot of Bold Brights in their stamping.  You know, the classic crayon type colors - red, blue, green, yellow, orange, etc.  Well...I was NOT one of those people.  I gravitated towards the Soft Subtles in the VERY beginning but shortly thereafter used a lot of Earth Elements.  That is my comfort zone - EarthElements or colors that go well withthem.  So...when I saw that the CC200 color combo was (as you can see from my card and the swatch above) Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie and Garden Green, I almost decided to not even give it a thought or so much as a try.  Well....then I started thinking that I do really like Pumpkin Pie and although Old Olive is TOTALLY my green of choice, I could perhaps make the Garden Green work for me.  As I started playing withthe way I wanted to balance my colors I realized I didn't really want an "orange" card, so I made the card base Brilliant Blue and went from there with my layers.  I hope that only using the Garden Green for leaves isn't cheating!!! ;)  I used my SU! Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter to do the main floral image (I even used the Brilliant Blue to outline the flower), but on the little flower that's attached to the sentiment I simply used my SU! markers.

As for the SKETCH...well, it's not mine.  It's this week's sketch over on Card Positioning Systems.  It's CPS 98 and it was SUPER fun to work with.  I always love the sketches over there, that's why I permanently display the lovely CPS banner over in my left-hand sidebar.  Now you'll know you can always go check them out from my blog!   As you can see if you go take a peek at the sketch over at CPS, I pretty much stuck to it.  Because I had so many blue on blue layers over on the right-hand side of my card, I stamped a little bit of the Sanded BG stamp over there in White StazOn.  I wanted the layers to at least have a little contrast - between the Sanded BG and the white dots on my Scalloped Oval layer. 

Anyway - I hope you like my card!!!  It's definitely a bright and happy one!! :) 

Stamps:  Flower Fancy, Starring You, Sanded BG
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie and Brilliant Blue Prints DSP (retired SU!), Pumpkin Pie textured CS, Watercolor Paper, Whisper White and Brilliant Blue CS
Ink:  Black and White StazOn, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun SU! markers, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Summer Sun and Brilliant Blue Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Pumpkin Pie classic ink (sponged)
Accessories: Scalloped Oval and Oval Nestabilities, Top Note Bigz Die, Big Shot, Scallop Edge Punch, White Signo Gel Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges

7 comments:

  1. beautifully done !!!!wonderful colors, too. love this sketch !!!!
    tfs:)
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with these colours...fabulous design, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie,
    Love this card, especially the bright colors!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! I'm loving your samples with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card - beautiful colours!
    I am now off to have to check out the SCS Colour Challenge blog for inspiration.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet...love the fresh colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so bright and cheery!! Love the flower! Thanks for playing at CPS this past week!
    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)