***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 26, 2009

How 'bout them apples?

DSCN5919 



DSCN5921 So, I know they're GIGANTIC apples....proportionally speaking, but I thought using little red brads (actually the "Ruby Red" brads from the Earth Elements assortment of brads) would look cute and I think it does - even if they would be bigger than your head if this was a real tree.  In fact, I think they would almost be as big as a person if this was a real tree!!  Anyway, I digress - but the big apples kinda crack me up.....  It's a simple card but I think will make a really cute one for my DD's teacher at some point this year.  I'm sure I'll find something to thank her for at some point...I mean, she only teaches my daughter!!!  ;)  Once again though, you'll have to bear with me criticizing my own creation.  I wish I had put the Riding Hood Red scalloped strip on the other side of the image and that I had scooted my stamped sentiment about a quarter-inch to the right.  Oh well...I still think it's a cute, clean and simple card. 

Have a great day - and go make some ginormous apple trees!!! ;) 

Stamps:  Trendy Trees
Paper:  Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White CS
Ink:  Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip classic ink
Accessories: SU! Earth Elements brads (Ruby Red), Scallop Edge punch, Piercing Tool and Template, Valet Ribbon Originals Chocolate Chip polka-dot Satin Ribbon (SU!), Stampin' Dimensionals



Have you signed up for my Stamps in the Mail program?  There are still spots left in my Designer Series Paper Share too.  Check them both out and shoot me an e-mail if you would like to join us!!

5 comments:

  1. love these! You inspire me too! I love the page that you did with your church group. I will have to make one for me and put a fun picture of roger and I on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, when I get my set I'll CASE your card and make the suggested changes, k? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the apples in the tree! Great idea! I believe I would have done it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! LOVE those apples...and this set! Can't wait to get this one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is adorable! I love the apples and THAT ribbon is so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)