***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 5, 2008

A fave of mine....

Dscn4479


I'm sorry, but I think that this card is GORGEOUS!!!  It is a CASE of one of the cards in the catty.  I changed several things:  the colors, the size of the squares, the horizontal element at the very bottom, the ribbon tied on the left is just one piece of fiber, the punch I used on the Whisper White layer, the brad is the element I added to that layer, and I didn't use bleach (as it appears in the catty) - rather I used my White StazOn.  In the pic it's a little hard to see the image stamped on the Baja Breeze, but it's there!! ;)  I LOVE this card, and I made it as a goody to give (along with the card you'll see tomorrow) to a friend who hostessed a workshop.  She doesn't live near me anymore so since her friends couldn't come and stamp I figured I could at least do some stamping FOR them.  I like to show levels of stamping in the samples I give people.  This one was fairly time consuming with the paper piercing, distressing the edges, dyeing the ribbon, etc.  It's not really an "easy" card, but it's not too hard either.  Maybe a moderate level.  Well, tomorrow's card was SUPER easy, but I think it turned out super cute.  You should be able to notice the difference though.  Hope you like this one!!!


Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes
Paper:  Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze (strip) Textured CS, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Whisper White CS
Ink:  Kiwi Kiss and Not Quite Navy Classic Ink, White StazOn
Accessories:  Silver brad, Scallop Square punch, White Taffeta ribbon (dyed w/ Baja Breeze ink), Paper Piercing Tool and Template

9 comments:

  1. Don't be sorry - this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marie! I LOVE THIS CARD!!! I'll surely be casing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the card in the catalog and I LOVE YOURS!
    Gorgeous!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL job with this card! I like it so much, I want to case it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! breath taking!! What else can I say....

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Breathtaking.. I don't even know what more to say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous!! It's an amazing case, I love your take on it! It's blowing me away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, Thank you for the beautiful card! It is absolutely gorgeous! I'm afraid I'm going to keep it and not share...........it's too pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)