***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 1, 2008

Country Apple Reveal

Over at Go. Be Creative. today (the 1st) is always the big reveal of the DT work with that months kit.  Today is no exception, except I scheduled this post so that I can be with my daughter and celebrate her birthday but you don't have to miss the projects.  Go to GBC to see all the other DT work with this kit, and in the Message Board you will be greeted by a ton of fun new friends, or just go there to check out (and purchase) the Country Apple kit.

Here is a (sagging - sorry) 12 x 12 I made to put a photo of my fun friends I saw/met at the SU! Convention this year.  A close-up follows to show you those gorgeous brads.  I didn't take the backing off of the 3 tags on the right half of them so that I can slip a picture under them and then remove the backing and permanently adhere them (they're self-adhering chipboard tags) on top of the picture.


Dscn4504


Dscn4513


Next is a fun little (quick and easy) refrigerator frame that I made to put a picture of my DD doing gymnastics in.  I wanted a picture of her being a cute little gymnast on the fridge and figured this would be a nice way to showcase her.


Dscn4557


Here's a fun little 6x6 that I made to send to Emma's teacher last year.  We miss Miss Peggy SO MUCH.  Emma just blossomed and thrived in her classroom and so far this year has been disappointing at our new school.  Hopefully time will tell and it will improve.  The ruler twill was just perfect I thought for a LO for a teacher.  I did some sewing on this page and there is a close-up of that after the main picture.


Dscn4508


Dscn4509_2


Here is a fun sketch book that I altered.  I've been wanting a book to carry around and draw my sketches in as I come up with them, and to jot down inspiring color combos.  So, here it is. I made a bookmark for it out of some Taffeta ribbon, one of the gorgeous flowers in the kit and one of the giant brads.  As for the letters on the book, if you'll notice on the page above I had already used one "o" and the packages of letters only come with one of each letter and 2 of each vowel.  So, I traced my remaining "o" 3 times on to some Cs and cut them out, layered them, and colored them with my Chocolate Chip marker just like I did the actual chipboard letters and I think it's pretty darn close!!!  I'm sure if you look really hard you can tell which one I made, but hopefully not if you don't.  A close-up of the bookmark is after the picture of the whole sketch book.  Oh, and the lines inside the sketch book are the same exact color green as is on the paper.  It's PERFECT!! :)


Dscn4519


Dscn4520


This next photo is of an 8x8 page I made for...MYSELF!! I've not done this yet, and since I don't have a picture of myself that I like enough to put on there, it's blank for now.  I took some 3/8" strips of paper from the kit and ran them through my label maker and then sponged a little white ink on there to make the letters really pop off of the paper.  It's a fun way to use a label maker and make sure that it matches your project perfectly.  Again, an up-close follows the main picture.


Dscn4559


Dscn4561_2


Last, but not least, is a fun little bookmark that I made.  The two pictures are of each side, they're not two different bookmarks.  Did I say how much I LOVE the gorgeous brads in the kit?!?!  That ribbon is not in the kit, it's SU! Chocolate Chip 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon.  Isn't it too cute?!?!


Dscn4563


Dscn4566


Hope you liked the projects!! I still have some cards up my sleeve with this kit.  The papers in it are so gorgeous I can't let any of them sit unused!!!  Have a great day and enjoy the holiday!!!

4 comments:

  1. All your projects rock! I love the layout you made for YOU! Great use of the cork....you have ideas stirring in my brain! Did you use the SU big kick die for that curly frame? If so, will that fit in my cuttlebug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARIE!!!!!!!!! You are such an amazing Scrapbook artist... I LOVE!!LOVE!!LOVE!! your pages. The paper and BUTTONS are so yummy... I Love your scrapbook style!!! I don't even know what to say you have knocked my socks right off!!! WOOOOOOW!
    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH DELICIOUS! WHat GAHGEOUS eye candy!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! The ribbon yo yo flower on a jumbo paper clip is genius!! I must case this, TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)