***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 1, 2008

Clean and Simple

First, I should say happy birthday to my middle child.  Her 4th birthday is today and I'm scheduling this post a few days before-hand so that we can give her all of the birthday spoiling that she deserves!!   :)  We love you Sarah!! 



Dscn4444


This is a simple card that is just my style.  The funny thing about the card is that after I had adhered the panel to the card (all assembled at that point) I decided I really want to paper pierce the Old Olive Textured CS.  Well, I didn't want holes showing on the inside of the card, so I took a black journaling pen and used my piercing template to make "holes" with the marker instead of actually piercing them.  I haven't ever done this before for paper piercing.  I've done faux stitching a lot, but never faux piercing.  It was easy and quick.  Hope you like the card - I needed a thank you card to give to the family whose husband drove my husband to the ER the morning that Emma had her first day of school and my DH was dying of pain (his first and hopefully LAST kidney stone).  I didn't want the DD to not make it to her first day of school so we called our friends and he took the DH to the ER where I went as soon as I dropped off the DD at school.  Thank goodness for him!!  He even sat with the DH until I got there.  This card and the goodies I baked to go with it were the least I could do!  Enjoy.


Stamps:  Say It With Scallops
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue and Whisper White CS, Old Olive Textured CS, Maine Blueberry DSP
Ink:  Not Quite Navy classic ink
Accessories:  Scallop Square punch, Black journaling pen, Paper Piercing Template   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)