***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 29, 2007

A Sunday post and an answer to Dawn Mercedes' question....

I don't usually post on Sundays because that's our family day. After spending time at church from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and not having a husband at home from about 6:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. I like to relish the time that we have together. I can't wait until we move and we're in a normal-sized church so that we don't have so much responsibility in callings usually reserved for "older" people. Having said that, I've probably jinxed us and Peter will be in the Bishopric at our next ward :) Him be the 1st counselor in the Branch Presidency (AND in the District Young Men's) and me a counselor in the Relief Society keeps us busy enough. If you're not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I'm probably speaking a bunch of gibberish to you, so I'll stop. If you would like more info about our beliefs (we ARE Christians, Christ is the keystone of our Church), check out this site.

I thought the above would be a decent post for a Sunday and I also wanted to answer Dawn Mercedes' question about my refrigerator magnet. She asked what the bottom layer was. Well, in order from bottom to top:

1. rectangular piece of wood from Michaels - it's pretty thin (as I called it earlier - sorry I don't know what it REALLY is)
2. True Thyme layer of CS
3. "woven" Recollections DS paper
4. all other embellishments :)

Here's the picture again so you can look as you read:


If you're speaking of the "Friends" tag, the bottom layer is Naturals White CS, then Bravo Burgundy, then Naturals White CS sponged with just the slightest bit of Cranberry Crisp ink and then stamped and topped with the Cracked Glass technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)