***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 18, 2007

Cards for Troops - Contest

Kyla Maestas is having a great contest for a good cause, so please take a few moments to check this out on her blog. I actually have sent cards in to Debbi before (see this post) and will be posting pictures tomorrow of a Cards for Troops event that I provided the supplies and directions for for the deployed members of my own base - Laughlin, AFB Texas. This is worth your time, and will be greatly appreciated by those your act of kindness affects. Thanks! Click here to go to the post on Kyla's blog. Take care, and enjoy this little notecard that I made in just a few minutes. I used the SU! stamp set Sassy Stems, Black StazOn, Prismacolor pencils, baby oil, blending stumps, and SU!'s notecards and envelopes. It's nothing much - just a quick note to a friend, but I thought you might like a picture along with this post. :)

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness...HI!! I first came across Dawn Griffith's post about cards for troops over a week ago (?) and I just sent her 72 cards for the troops!! Then I saw this one just today on yours and a couple others. Well, needless to say, I can't send that much MORE...but it's all going to the same place and for the same wonderful cause. Also, just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH for tagging me!! However, I was tagged twice already, but decided I didn't want to do that kind of tag. I'm afraid it will hurt people's feelings (especially cause I just recently made friends with some "newbies" to stamping and I just don't want them to feel left out or unimportant.) But THANKS!! I have participated in other tags and I usually enjoy them ;) Have a great weekend--tomorrow's FRIDAY...YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)