***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 19, 2007

Blog Tag and my 2nd Butterfly Kisses Swap Card

Just to let you know, I'll post the pics of the cards we made for troops deployed from here at Laughlin tomorrow. What fun that was!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! Two of the stampers that I admire most for their unique styles and absolutely beautiful work actually tagged ME to name 5 blogs that I recommend for you to check out. I thought that since of course the Beate's, JulieHRR's, Sharons Harnists, Jenn Balcers, Debbie Olsons, Lisa Strahls, and many others are at the top of my "check every day list" and probably everyone else's too, that I would name 5 that I added to my Google Reader most recently. The two ladies that tagged me are Yvette and Chris. Yvette has the best watercoloring/any type of coloring ability that I've seen anywhere. I check her (new) blog every day now that she has it, and it's so fun to get to see a little bit of what she creates each day to motivate my own stamping. The "coolest" thing about Yvette isn't even her creative ability, it's that she's from the best state in the US - Kentucky!!! That's where I lived until I went to college and head-first into the Air Force life. GO BIG BLUE!!!! :) Chris Smith has a wonderful style of her own too. She knows just how to balance a card with the perfect embellishments and layouts. Her color choices are stunning, and recently she even showed how she made some patterned Kraft colored CS with some stamps and a white gel pen that is GORGEOUS!!! So, like I said I'm going to tag some of my recent Google Reader additions and recommend that you check everyone in my sidebar because I think they're ALL worth your time! :)

1. Lesa's Paper Possibilities

2. Evie's Create-EV Stamping

3. Misti's Misti Stamps 4 Fun!

4. Lisa's Silver Stamping

5. Kristine's Ink Something!

Enjoy these blogs - they'll be added to my sidebar today, and here's my card:


This card was made with Kraft, Buckaroo Blue, and White CS. White Craft Ink, So Saffron Craft Ink, Stickles, SU!'s distressing tool, a 1/4" circle punch, White grosgrain ribbon, the stamp set Butterfly Kisses by Papertrey Ink. I hope the ladies in the swap like it!!! I was trying to NOT use any of the "main" butterfly images to show that the other stamps in the set could make a cute card too. Take care!

5 comments:

  1. Super duper...you are a star with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million, Marie! I appreciate the tag! I love your blog and enjoy all your projects that you share. It's a great inspiration.Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I LOVE your card. It really does showcase the other stamps in the set. You did a wonderful job, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SnapHappyInkyMommaApr 26, 2007, 3:20:00 PM

    This card ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)