***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 5, 2007

Some cards....

First I want to share the Blogger's RAK that I got from Ronee, and then I'll share the card I made for the swap that I'm hosting with my customers/friends that has a "spring" theme. Enjoy!!

Please check out Ronee's blog here, and here is Ronee's adorable Blogger's RAK card:



This is the card that I made for my swap. It uses Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Whisper White card stock. I used my Cuttle Bug A-2 Embossing folder called Divine Swirl (with my Big Shot) and I used my White Craft ink pad to put ink on the raised surface with the direct to paper technique. I still need a little work on that one, there are spots on the cards where the pad hit where it wasn't supposed to. Luckily I could hide some of them with the ribbon and the main image. The stamp sets used were Petal Prints and Everyday Flexible Phrases. I used my Barely Banana marker to color the center of the flower, my Apricot Appeal marker to do the petals, and I "Rock-and-Rolled" the flower in Pretty in Pink ink to get the edges pink. I added some Stickles to the flowers in random spots and I hope it shows up! I used wide White organdy and Apricot grosgrain (all from SU!) and that's about it! Let me know what you think, and take care! Tomorrow is my last day with my parents so I probably won't be posting. I won't see them again until August and that will be a stressful time. I'll have a 1 month-old and my sister is getting married then! :) Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, Marie your swap card is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors, layout, and general apperance. It'looks simple but I don't think it is. I thought your swirl background was patterned paper, fab job. I could see the details when I enlarged it...the rock n roll pink and the stickles make this flower sooooo elegant, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I forgot to mention Ronnee's rak...I love the colors she chose and the simplicity, what a wonderful thing to receive in the mail! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)